Chapter forty one: be safe

"Just come home"
-song: Where's My Love - acoustic by SYML
________________________________

"SORRY LOVE," Draco frowned as he watched Ophelia's face drop. "He said he wasn't into her like that."

He leaned against the wall, staring down at her.

A sigh left her lips "She's going to be crushed."

His eyes scanned her up and down. Her shoulders were slumped. Her hair wasn't styled in any way, she wore a plain white t-shirt and baggy jeans. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked as he saw the dark bags under her eyes.

"Yeah." She rasped "I just haven't been sleeping all that great lately." She yawned and ran her hand through her hair. "Are you okay?"

Draco licked his dry lips as he looked towards the people passing them in the crowded hallway. "Tomorrow," he said as he looked back at her, ignoring her question "You need to stay safe, don't come out of your dorm after classes, don't wander around, okay?"

She knotted her brows "Alright," she mumbled "But are you okay?"

He nodded, but she didn't buy it.

"Draco it will be alright," she gnawed on her lip and grabbed his hand. "Just don't get hurt, and stay safe."

"You do realize that I'll probably have to leave for the rest of the school term? They won't let me back." He observed her as she fidgeted with his rings, her eyes were watching his hands. "Hey," he murmured as he pulled away his hand, pressing his finger to her chin, making her look up at him. "It's gonna be fine,"

"Can I at least write to you?"

He huffed "Sorry love, probably not." He scrunched his nose as he watched her face drop. "But it's for your own safety. The last thing I want is for them to hurt you."

She chewed on the inside of her cheek as she looked up at him. Her eyes turned sad and wide "I don't care about that," she told him honestly "Really I don't. I'll write to you, I don't care if you don't respond, I'll still write."

He rolled his eyes "Thats stupid Woodlock." He looked at her annoyed, "It's like you're asking for them to hurt you."

"Why would they hurt me if I just wrote a letter?" She raised her eyebrows.

"You're a Halfblood, your mother helped with the order during the first war. There's a lot of reasons actually."

Ophelia sighed. She had forgotten about her mother working with the order. Not that she cared. No not at all, when the war came around she would 100% be on Harry's side. No questions asked. It hadn't really occurred to her that Draco and her would be on opposite sides of the battle. "I guess." She mumbled. It didn't matter, she would still write.

He sighed through his nose "Ophelia," he warned "Don't write."

She sucked her teeth and raised her eyebrows. "I won't."

"I don't believe you."

"You shouldn't."

He chuckled and shook his head "You're crazy."

"Yeah I know." She mumbled.

-

Ophelia clenched her jaw as she looked through the arch of the open corridor.

"I got my hopes up." Macy muttered "I knew he wouldn't like me."

Ophelia kept her eyes on the sky. It was dark, cloudy, windy. Not normal. "Don't worry too much about it." She murmured. "It will be fine." she pushed up her glasses.

"Go to your houses,"

Ophelia's eyes snapped towards McGonagall's voice.

"No dottling." The Professor called
out.

Woodlock huffed out a breath. "Let's go." She muttered as she began walking.

Today was the day. Ophelia knew this. Draco had been acting weird since their talk yesterday. She was nervous, she didn't even really understand his task fully and it still made her worry. Worried about Draco, worried about Dumbledore, worried about the school.

Her and Macy turned in front of the entrance of the Hufflepuff common room.

Though she felt a hand on her shoulder, pulling her back as Macy disappeared into the room.

Ophelia turned around.

She wrapped her arms around the blond standing in front of her. "Are you going to be okay?" Her voice was muffled as her face was dug into the crook of his neck.

Draco didn't say anything, he just hugged her harder.

"Be safe. Don't leave your dorm." He murmured as he closed his eyes.

"I will. You stay safe." She slightly pulled away "je t'aime" she gave him a sad smile, remembering how he said that they probably wouldn't see each other for a while. "jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions"

He pressed a kiss onto her lips "je t'aime" he cupped her face as he repeated her words "jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions"

She swallowed hard as he let go of her face.

"Don't do anything stupid okay?" He said "I'll see you soon, I promise, it might just be a while."

She nodded "Okay now run along before I start to cry."

Draco laughed lightly and kissed her cheek.

Then he walked away.

~
sorry for the short chapter the next one will be longer

-

French lines;

I love you (je t'aime)

Till we meet again (jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions)