Chapter thirty nine: beautiful

"'Cause you're the only one I need
To put a little love on me"
-song: Put A Little Love On Me by Niall Horan
___________________________________

"WHY AREN'T YOU IN THE HOSPITAL WING?" Macy asked as her and Lillian walked into the shared dorm. Ophelia was laying on her stomach, on her bed, with her Walkman covering her ears and her eyes scanning a book. "Ophelia?" Macy snapped as she nudged her leg, causing Woodlock to realize they were in the room, she raised her eyebrows.

She took off the headphones. "What?" she asked the girls confused.

"What do you mean 'what'?" Macy said with a slightly worried face "Your boyfriend's in the infirmary."

Ophelia's heart dropped to her stomach. She slung her feet off the side of her bed and stood up in a panic "What do you mean? Is he okay? What happened-"

"Calm down," Lillian told her "How did you not hear what happened?"

"I-I've been in the dorm all day," her mind was rushing, did something bad happen? "H-How do you guys know?"

Macys faced heated up "U-Uh Theodore told me,"

Lillian chuckled "Yeah," her face was smug "Ophelia did you know she liked Nott? Cause I just found out-"

"Yeah I don't have time for this," Woodlock said while squeezing past the pair "Sorry," she muttered as she rushed out the door.

-

Ophelia swung the door of the hospital wing open as she rushed into the large room. Her eyes darted around the area to see Madam Pomfrey walking her way. "Miss. Woodlock?" she asked confused "Why are you here? Is everything alright?"

Ophelia's lips parted slightly as she made eye contact with Draco, who was laying down on a bed, a few feet away from her. "U-Uh," she looked back at Pomfrey "Do you think I can see Draco?"

"Of course, though only for a bit," she glanced back at the boy "He needs rest."

Ophelia quickly thanked her and rushed to Malfoys side "The hell happened?" she asked as she realized he was shirtless and two large deep cuts were split into his stomach.

Draco's eyes were lazily on her, he was tired "Potter." he muttered.

Woodlock gasped slightly "Harry?" he nodded slowly "W-Why?"

"He knows," Draco sighed. "We started firing spells at each other," he told the worried girl, "I didn't quite catch the name of the one that hit me, but apparently I almost died."

"What?" her voice was weak, and confused. Tears inked into her eyes from just thinking about what would have happened if he did die.

"Don't worry love," he rasped out "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

He reached his arm up and grabbed a hold of her hand "Yes." he licked his dry lips "But I'm very tired."

"Oh," she gnawed on her lip "Okay, I'll let you rest,"

He let go of her hand and looked up at her "Can you stay?"

She knotted her eyebrows "What do you mean?"

He yawned "Just stay," he motioned to the chair next to his bed.

She nodded her head and sat down. She hooked her feet around the legs of the chair and scooted it closer to his bed. She watched as he closed his eyes gently. "je t'aime" he mumbled, making her smile.