Chapter eight: detention

"Life gets hard and it gets messed up
When you give so much, but it's not enough"
- song: Don't Let It Break Your Heart by Louis Tomlinson
___________________________________

    OPHELIA KNOCKED ON Professor Umbridge's office door.

    "Come in." She heard her least favorite teacher say. She slowly made her way into the room, observing the walls which had pictures of cats. Everything was pink. "Sit." Ophelia followed orders and sat down in one of her chairs.

    Before she made her way to detention with Umbridge her day really hadn't gotten any better. Although she managed to avoid Malfoy, she still struggled with focusing and her headache only got worse.

    "Now Ms. Woodlock why were you out of class earlier?" Umbridge eyed Ophelia cautiously.

    "I got upset and I walked out." She stated, for some reason she wasn't afraid of the Professor. She probably should be but she wasn't.

    Umbridge let out a giggle before talking again. "Well alright, you will be writing lines today."

    "I didn't bring a Quill." Ophelia said straightening out her back. The Professor could tell Ophelia had confidence, and Umbridge didn't like that at all.

    "Oh there's no need. You will use one of mine." She says walking over to her desk and grabbing a Quill. She sat it in front of the hufflepuff along with a piece of parchment. "Now I want you to write, I must not be disrespectful."

    Ophelia pushed her glasses up. She picked up the Quill with her right hand and began to write. As she started to spell out the words she felt a burning sensation coming from the back of her left hand. At first she ignored it, thinking it was nothing and continued to write. She let out a gasped of pain and her eyes shot to her hand, her eyes widen.

    The lines she was writing on the paper was showing up, scarring into the back of her hand. She winced in pain and felt tears prick into the back of her eyes due to the painful feeling. As she finished writing the sentence she bit her lip trying not to let the tears out of her eyes. She looked over at Professor Umbridge who just smiled at her.
-

    By the time Ophelia had gotten out of Detention, dinner had all ready started. She debated whether or not to go but her stomach decided she needed food. She clenched her left hand trying to get rid of the pain. She felt a tear spill out of her eye, which she aggressively wiped away. She hated crying over little things, yet the pain she was feeling in her hand made it hard not too.

    Before she walked into the Great Hall she took a deep breath. Yet as soon as she stepped into the hall she had an idea. She made her way to the Gryffindor table, she looked around the room and locked eyes with the boy she had been avoiding. Malfoy could tell she was still mad. She looked away but Draco didn't, he watched with confused eyes as she walked over to his House rivalry's table. Ophelia anxiously bit her lip as she tapped Potters shoulder. He turned around along with Ron, Hermione and a few other Gryffindors.

    "Oh hi Ophelia." Harry said a little confused on why shes not at the Hufflepuff table.

    "Ophelia are you alright?" Hermione asked clearly seeing that she had been crying.

    "Yes I'm fine, Harry I have a question"

    "What is it?" Potter raised his eyebrows.

    "I uh got detention with Umbridge today," she said in a quiet voice.

    "Wait did she-" before harry could finish Ophelia nodded her head.

    "Yes, and it hurts. How do you make it stop hurting?"

    "You can't," Potter showed her his left hand "Mine hasn't gone away completely." His scar had definitely gone down, yet if you looked closely you could still see the letters carved into his skin.

    Ophelia sighed and pulled up her sleeve revealing her hand.

    "I still can't believe she is still doing that to people."Hermione said shaking her head.

    "The blood and swelling should stop within a few days," Harry says to the Hufflepuff. "I'm sorry that happened Ophelia."

    "It's fine, don't worry about me" she looked up making awkward eye contact with Draco who had been watching her conversation with the Gryffindors. "I'll see you guys later." She told them before walking away to sit at her house table.
-

    Ophelia walked out of the great hall along with her fellow classmates. After her conversation with Harry her dinner was uneventful, her appetite that she once had left so she sat there listening to her friends conversations.

    "Woodlock!" She stopped walking, she didn't recognize that voice. She turned around and raised her eyebrows.

    "Uh yes?" Theodore Nott was standing in front of her. Ophelia didn't remember the last time the two had talked, in fact she didn't even know he knew she existed.

    "Malfoys looking for you."

    "Can you tell him I'm busy." The last thing she wanted to do was to talk to her crush who she had been avoiding.

    "No," he grabbed her arm "He wants to see you now."

    "What why?"

    "I don't know. Stop talking so much" they made there way to draco who was leaning against a wall, watching people make there way to there house common rooms.

    "Took you long enough." Malfoy mumbled "Nott leave."

    "Alright don't have too much fun, lovebirds." Theodore said before walking away. Ophelia felt her face get red from his comment.

    "Look Woodlock I shouldn't have said anything about your family today in charms." Draco said looking down at the Hufflepuff. "I-I wasn't thinking."

    "Is this your way of apologizing?" Ophelia asked

    "I guess" Malfoy said shrugging.

She nodded her head "uh ok. I-I kinda have to go," she was uncomfortable with this awkward conversation.

    "Ok well, see you in Astronomy."

    'Shit' Ophelia thought to herself. She forgot she had that tonight.

~
i started a new story called 'this is impossible' its another draco fanfic, so if you want you can check that out! dont worry i'll still be writing/updating this one.