Prologue Part 1: The New School

I stared at myself in the mirror. Today was the day. Hopes Peak Academy. That's the place I was going. Mother had told me that I had to wear something formal. She also said I had to brush my hair down. Though... as I stared at myself in the mirror, I knew that I wasn't going to follow her instructions by nature.

I walked away from the mirror

I walked away from the mirror. It didn't matter anyway. It was dark outside. It was 6 in the morning. Hopes Peak was at least 2 hours away. I got on the bus. It started driving away.

"I can't believe you made it into Hopes Peak Academy!" My father had told me. He was happy for me.
"You better not embarrass yourself son!" My mom had laughed.
"Ugh... at least you actually got accepted..." My brother had replied. He always wanted to go to hopes peak, though he didn't make it in.
"It's fine everyone! I'll be ok!" I explained.
"Brother... I no want you to w'eave!" My little brother said. I hugged him tight.
"I'll be back before you know it..." I replied. Everyone hugged me. We sat on the floor, smiling with joy, but tears fell down our faces to signify how much we would miss each other.

That memory from yesterday made me really happy. Especially since I'm not special, but they still all believe in me. I didn't even have a talent... or I do, but it's a bad one. I fell asleep on the bus.

"Get up, we're at Hopes Peak Academy." I heard someone say. I immediately sat up awake.
"Right! Sorry about that!" I laughed. I grabbed my suitcase and backpack. I ran out of the bus.

I stood in front of it. Hopes Peak Academy. The future. Some people say that if you go here, you're set for life. Amazing students and amazing teachers. Only people who are the best at what they do get accepted here.

It could be something small like hula hooping, or something big like a national explorer. Hopes peak has high standards. This place is where everything can become a reality. Well, not literally, but almost anything.

I didn't deserve to be at this school. My talent was lame. If anything, my brother should have been sent to this school! He was so close to being the Ultimate swimmer and gone to school with me, but a girl named Aoi got in instead.

Being a twin is pretty hard. It's like we're the same person, except different people. We share the same birthday. We share the same room. Almost everything is shared, but now I'm going to Hopes Peak without him.

I started walking towards the school. After I entered, my fate would be sealed. And then once I exitted again, my life was set. My future. My happiness. Everything.

I stepped one foot into the school. I sighed, and started walking forward. Suddenly, I fell and everything went black.

I sat up, sweating and panting. I was in a bed. I looked around. A water pack was going into my arm. It looked like I was in a nurses office. I had a really bad head ache. I fell back down onto the bed. What... what happened? Was I so stressed that I passed out? I thought.