Chapter 1 Part 1: Clean Up at Party Central

I lay down on my bed. I didn't know what to think of everything. I could have died if Pengin didn't agree to shut up. And plus... since the killing game has started... I basically can't trust anyone.

I sat up and looked at the clock. 2:39. I sighed as I stood up and started walking towards the door. For some reason... I wanted to be early. Though, it probably wouldn't make any difference.

I opened the door, and walked out. Immediately, I froze up. Sitting alone on the couch was the same girl. The one that I hadn't met yet. Should I ask her a question? Should I sit next to her? What should I do? I thought. I'm overthinking this situation. Just... get up and go talk to her.

I walked over. As I got closer, I saw her holding a bunch of drawings. I couldn't see what they looked like. I sat down next to her. And she scooted away.

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" I said. She didn't respond. She just nervously looked away. "Hey... are you ok?" Again she didn't respond. She quickly hid the papers away. "Are you exited for the party?" She just stared away. I was feeling really awkward now. She finally looked at me. She opened her mouth.

I thought she was going to say something, but she quickly shut her mouth

I thought she was going to say something, but she quickly shut her mouth. She stood up, and walked away. I didn't know what to do now. That was the most humiliating 3 seconds of my entire life... I thought. I stood up, and began walking to the meeting room.

I walked in. Everyone was there already. Well, everyone except for the girl I had seen earlier. I looked at the time. 2:54. I shrugged my shoulders as I sat down. We waited 6 more minutes in silence.

"Alright, how is this going to work?" Kira asked.
"We're going to plan a few groups to work on one thing individually. So, what are these groups going to be?" Katon explained, asking a question at the end.
"We need some people on decoration." Rajin said. "Also, no one wear their dresses or suits that you brought, cuz I've already started making them."
"How are you going to make them in one day?" Genki asked.
"I'm up for the challenge. I've already finished more than half way." Rajin replied.
"Ok, do whatever you want. But we also need people on decoration, food, entertainment, and other things." Hana Asami explained.
"Why are we even having a party? I mean, we just figured out that someone could die!" Imoka responded.
"It's just supposed to make you all feel better. I mean, most teenagers that I have met like parties!" Pengin replied, coming out of nowhere. Suddenly, the lights went out. I immediately got down onto the floor and hid under the long oval table. I couldn't hear anything, except for people moving around in their seats. The lights came back on.
"W- what was that!?" Aiko yelled.
"Is someone dead!? Where's Takahashi!" Tomio replied.
"I- I'm here..." I replied. Tomio looked down at me and sighed in relief.
"HEY!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO ASK THAT TOMIO!!!" Asahi yelled in Tomios ear.
"Can you stop... I don't want to pick a fight..." Yuudai said, sounding annoyed.
"Pengin... what was all that about?" Sin'ichi asked.
"I am so very sorry everyone... the power goes out at 3:02 pm now. Apparently, as Monokuma just told me, this will happen until someone is killed." Pengin explained.
"Is that supposed to be some kind of motive? If so it's a bad one." Katon replied.
"Of course it's not a motive! I just like to see you guys freak out!" Monokuma yelled, popping out of nowhere at the end of the table. "Anyways, I see that you guys are going to have a party! Am I invited?"
"OF COURSE NOT!!! WHY WOULD WE INVITE YOU WHEN YOU'RE THE ONE WHO TOLD US TO KILL EACH OTHER!?!?!" Ena Cho screamed.
"WELL TO BAD!!! I'M COMING ANYWAY, AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN STOP ME!!!" Monokuma was basically fighting back at this point. He must've known how much we hate him now. Now he was just being annoying.
"Listen dude, it's not that we don't want you, but like, we don't trust you." Rajin replied.
"Aw man... I thought that my irresistible cuteness would be enough to win you guys over! Oh well, I guess I have to try harder!" Monokuma disappeared in a flash.
"What... what was that about?" Kira questioned,
"No idea." Hana Asami replied.