Chapter 2 Part 1: Lasers at the Hunt

I nearly fainted after I saw Sin'ichis death. I heard screams and tears echo throughout the whole room. I didn't know what to think anymore. We were all going to die. At least, at some point we would.

I looked over at Monokuma. He was laughing hysterically. I looked at Pengin. He was sitting in the glass box. He looked like he was crying.

We all walked into the elevator. Now that we were in the elevator again, it felt like it was bigger. Two of our classmates were dead. There was nothing we could do about it.

I walked out of the elevator, bumping into someone. I stopped in my tracks. It was Wakusei. Wait... I thought. I grabbed his arm, he stopped.

"Wakusei, can I talk to you?" I asked.
"Yes... w- what is it?" He replied.
"Why didn't you detect the killers lies?" I said. Wakusei sighed.
"It's way easier when I'm closer to them. And plus, everyone's hearts were racing. I couldn't make out the lies because everyone was already panicking." He explained. "Th- there has been a few th- things on my mind..."
"What is it?" I asked.
"Well... you know T- Tomio? He says he's th- the Ultimate Magician/ Escape Artist... b- but I thought we o- only had one Ultimate..." Wakusei responded.
"That's because... I'm not really the Ultimate Magician/ Escape Artist..." Tomio said. He must of over heard our conversation.
"W- what!? Then what's your Ultimate!?" I questioned.
"The Ultimate Escape Artist." He replied.
"Why would you lie about that?" I asked.
"Because most people see me on the news doing magic tricks, other stuff. So when I announced that I was going to Hopes Peak, most people thought it was for magic tricks. But really, it was for the art of escape." He explained. "So... I just got used to it... so used to it, that only after I've said it, I realize I've made a mistake."
"He isn't lying." Wakusei responded. Suddenly, Monokuma popped up.
"Hello my students! I'd like everyone go to the next hallway! You know, the one with the giant '1' above it." Monokuma said.
"Why should we!? I still don't trust you!" Tomio replied.
"Oh jeez! You don't have to be rude about it! I mean, I am the most love able headmaster!" Monokuma explained. It seemed like he really believed that. Tomio sat down in front of him, and stared directly into his eyes. "Ummm Tomio? Why are you doing that? Oh, do you want a staring contest?" Tomio didn't reply. He just kept staring. "Tomio, stop doing that! It's creeping me out!!!" Tomio still didn't reply. "TOMIO!!!" Nothing. Monokuma looked nervous, and then suddenly disappeared.
"W- what was that?" Wakusei asked.
"Intimidation and manipulation. It's supposed to freak people out, stop them from harming you, or just get them to leave." Tomio explained. He stood up. "Though, it doesn't work sometimes. Well, I'll see you all at the hallway." He walked off.
"We should probably go now..." I said.
"A- agreed..." he responded.

We started walking down the hallway towards the hallway. I still didn't know how to feel about the whole thing. Sin'ichi and Mikako were still going to be dead. Sure, I didn't know them very well but... it's still a horrible feeling. As we approached, I saw Pengin in front of the hallway. Caution tape placed around the entrance.

"I will not let any of you go through this hallway! It's too dangerous!" Pengin yelled.
"What could possibly go wrong!? Monokuma wouldn't just kill us!" Ena replied, nearly screaming.
"Um Ena... are you sure you know Monokuma?" Kira asked.
"OF COURSE I DO!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I FUCKING MEANT!!! MONOKUMA WANTS US TO KILL EACH OTHER, AND I'M NOT DYING BECAUSE I DIDN'T LISTEN!!! So shut up bitches, I'm going through." Ena responded, walking towards the caution tape.
"Ena Cho. I advise you not to go through." Katon said.
"OH NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!? GO TO HELL!!! ALL OF YOU!!!" Ena yelled.
"You're not listening. This might just be another motive." Katon explained. Ena looked mad. She clenched her fists. She stopped gripping her hands, and sighed.
"Fine... I'll listen for now. But I don't trust any of you. Not even Pengin." Ena mumbled.
"Fair enough. But I'm not letting another person die." Pengin replied. Suddenly, someone let out a scream.