Chapter 2 Part 7: Lasers at the Hunt

I stood at the elevator. The suspense was killing me. We all just stood there. One of us here was a murderer. They'd either be the only person leaving, or the only person staying there. Soulless.

"Jeez! Why do you guys have to be so suspenseful?" Monokuma asked. "Let's break this tension, shall we? Everyone into the elevator!"

I walked in with everyone else. We stood where we normally would. I was in the corner. Kira stood next to me. She wasn't cheerful. Her face looked angry... but afraid.

Katon had his eyes closed, his arms folded. He didn't seemed disturbed. Only calm and collected. Hana stood near him. She looked worried, but also mad. Ena looked annoyed. As if she were ready to kill someone. Itsuki looked like he was panicking. He was sweating, and his face was all red. He really didn't seem like he was okay. Rajin had a blank face, along with Ghost Girl. Imoka looked sad, along with Tomio and Asahi. Wakusei looked terrified. Monokuma was happily swinging his feet back and forth on the small railing. Pengin was sitting on the ground, with a mad expression.

We walked through the elevators door. This time, there were three more signs.

I stood at my podium

I stood at my podium. I was nervous... but determined. We'd... hopefully avenge them. Monokuma sat on his throne, and Pengin was sitting in his glass box.

"Alright... how do we start?" Tomio asked.
"It's Tomio." Ena said
"What? Why!?" I questioned.
"He was the first person to speak. That's my logic." Ena replied. I rolled my eyes.
"We should figure out what the murder weapon was first. After all, that's one of the most important points in a trial." Katon said.
"Agreed. So, what was used to murder Aiko and Genki?" Asahi asked.
"Well it's obvious!" Ena began. "Aiko and Genki were killed with the laser tag gun!" "It was the only thing covered in blood..." "so it was the only thing that could have been used!" "So they were both killed with the laser tag gun." I stopped to think for a moment.
"That wasn't the only thing covered in blood." I replied.
"SHUT UP TAKAHASHI!!! YOU'RE STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!!" Ena yelled.
"Let him FINISH!!!" Hana replied.
"YOU PICKING A FIGHT SHORTIE!? I'LL TAKE YOU ON RIGHT HERE!!!" Ena screamed.
"This isn't getting us anywhere! You guys have to stop! Whatever beef you guys have, throw it to the side! Do you want to survive!?" Kira yelled above the screaming.
"Ugh... fine... please continue." Ena said.
"Ummm thanks. Ok, as I was about to say, there is another weapon covered in  blood." I began. "I found a saw like pizza cutter in a drawer. The killer must have put it there after their crime."
"Ok, but then how was the laser tag gun used?" Tomio asked.
"I don't know, I guess it's just there." Hana replied.
"We can't just throw it out of the equation!" Asahi began. "It has to play into it somehow! Let's go over this. So, the laser tag gun was covered in blood, correct? Does that mean that it was bashed into Aiko's head? Or maybe Genki's?" Asahi really had changed. He never acted like this before.
"Well, there was tape on the back of the pizza cutter... so I don't know how that would play into Aiko's death..." I replied.
"Maybe... the killer taped the pizza cutter to the wall, and pushed Genki into it... that would explain how the blood got on the edge of the wall..." Tomio suggested.
"That would explain it. Then Aiko must have been the person to die from the laser gun in the head." Katon explained. "But how did the culprit get the pizza saw with the blood on it all the way through and put it back in the cupboard?"
"They could have used the laser tag vest. After all, it was covered in blood, and it wouldn't look suspicious." Hana replied.
"Let's talk about the events leading up to it." Asahi began. "So, what about the pills? When could they have been stolen?"
"Who checked on Aiko after I passed out?" I asked.
"I- I did..." Wakusei replied.
"Then Wakusei stole them! It's the only explanation!" Ena yelled.
"Well, it's not the only explanation." I responded. "I mean, it could have been one of the people from blue team... and they just hadn't come out of the room yet."
"Please shut up. You're being, really annoying." Ena replied.
"I have a question for Monokuma." Rajin said.
"Knock yourself out!" Monokuma exclaimed.
"No he literally means knock yourself out." Ena responded. We paused and stared at her for a moment, and then went back to the trial.
"So, our tablets say that if two people kill, then we just have to find out who did it first?" Rajin asked.
"Yep! So it is possible for there to be two killers!" Monokuma replied.
"Alright. Back to the trial. So, the culprit used the red laser tag gun to murder Aiko, so does that mean the culprit was from red team?"
"Not necessarily. They might have stolen it to frame one of us." Hana explained. "After all, if they want to leave, they have to get everyone to vote for the wrong person."
"Okay, but who would they have been framing?" I asked. We all paused for a moment. "Here, let's skip this for a moment and focus on how Genki died."
"Agreed." Katon said. "So, there has been one thing puzzling me. If Genki was bashed in the back, then doesn't that mean that her back would be facing us?"
"Yeah... I guess that is confusing." Hana began. "But that doesn't necessarily mean they were holding the weapon."
"Since the Pizza Saw was taped to the edge of the wall, then maybe-" I began.
"I disagree!" Kira yelled.
"W- what!?" I replied.
"You heard me! I don't think that's what happened!" She was being serious. "How would someone slash her back once if the weapon was taped to the wall! And how would they even get the wall bloody anyway!? It doesn't make sense! You'd have to be holding the weapon to slash someone in the back! You can't have it taped to the wall!"
"Wait! It could have been taped to the wall, and she could have been slashed in the back!" I replied.
"How?"
"The culprit could have put the pizza saw on the wall, and pushed her into it!" I said. Everyone looked at me.
"THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!! HOW DID THEY KNOW SHE WAS COMING!?" Ena yelled. I paused for a moment.
"Maybe... they didn't. They might have just been waiting for the first person to walk by." I explained.
"That is a very wide accusation, and a plan that is almost certain for failure, but it seems plausible." Katon replied.
"What!? You believe him!? I thought you were the only other sane person here! But no, you're just like the rest of them!" Ena responded.
"I think it's Ena." Hana said, out of nowhere.
"SHORTY!!! I'LL KILL YOU RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW!!! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA ACCUSING ME!?" Ena yelled.
"I have lots of reasons, but I'll dumb it down for your tiny brain to understand. Number one, you accused someone right off the bat without any evidence. Number two, you made Takahashi's idea about how the crime went down sound extremely dumb. And finally, you didn't really seem to care when both Genki and Aiko were found dead. So yeah Ena, I think you're the culprit. What are you gonna do about it? Kill me? That would go over the amount of people you can murder, which would only kill yourself." Hana explained. Ena seemed shocked. Anger, fear, and shock were plastered onto her face. She looked like she was about to yell, but then took a deep breath.
"Let me explain. Would you like it the simpler way? Or the more detailed way? Do you know what, I'll let you have the simpler way." Ena began. "One, I didn't do it. Two, I didn't do it, and three? You vote me, we all die. So let's all die everyone! Time. To. Die!"
"Yeah! That's the spirit! Time! To! Die! Come on everyone! Let's chant it together! Time! To! Die!" Monokuma laughed.
"SHUT UP YOU BITCH!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!" Ena screamed.
"Aw, why not? I like that chant. Ooh! Maybe it can be my new catch phrase!" Monokuma giggled.
"Please no..." Kira replied.
"To late! It's my catch phrase!" Monokuma said.
"Guys, just ignore him. Let's get back to the trial." Tomio responded.
"Yeah. Hey, wait. Why hasn't Itsuki talked the entire time?" Kira asked. We all looked at Itsuki. He looked surprised, but also freaking out. He held his hands to his head. Suddenly, something came to mind.
"Wait, before I found the bleeding pizza cutter, Itsuki was sitting back there!" I yelled. He suddenly looked up at me, nearly stepping back in shock. "Wait... it might be Itsuki!" I came to that realization just now. He just seemed so... innocent before.
"Yeah, it would add up. I mean, he might even be faking the whole pills thing to make him seem innocent." Hana accused. Itsuki didn't move. He just stood there. Shocked.
"A- and he was o- on red team! S- so he could have k- killed Aiko!" Wakusei said aloud.
"And we didn't see him for awhile! It has to be him!" Ena explained. I stared at Itsuki. He was holding onto his head, and he was sweating. He was definitely panicking.

Suddenly, a beeping echoed throughout the room. Itsuki let out a scream. He suddenly fell to the ground. Was... was this the end of the trial?