3. Broken

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Srivastav Residence

Have you ever felt so broken yet so strong at the same time. Have you felt so vulnerable yet so courageous at the same time. Have you felt so caged yet so independent at the same time because Pihu was only feeling these emotions.

After the Shrivastav family got to know that the groom has eloped they received a call from Sahil's family and they confirmed their suspicion. A couple of minutes later Mr Srivastav the father of the bride came back after having a talk and apologized in front of the guests and said there was going to be no wedding today.

Pihu was so broken when she got to know that her would to be groom eloped away and left her alone to witness the harsh treatment of society yet she was feeling a fierce need to stay strong for her family. The current situation of her family was despondent. Her mother was wailing and cursing at her fate while her father was fuming with anger.

Pihu felt so vulnerable by the gazes of all the guests. All the invited people have so far started circulating rumours and created some kind of lame stories yet at the same time she wanted to give a tight slap to the person who has caused her and her family so much pain. She wanted to be courageous for them once. She wanted to shut the mouths of people and give them some sense.

Pihu fisted her hands so tightly that her nails dug into her palms. Her breathing was so hard.

"Riya take Pihu inside." Her father ordered. Riya moved slowly as her mind was still fizzy by all the thoughts. Her heart was wrenching at the mere thought of her sister. She could notice that all the people have started gossiping and some were even enjoying the drama unfolding in front of them. She holded Pihu from her shoulders and took her inside their room.

"Enough all of you. I am really honoured that all of you came today to bless my daughter but that doesn't give you the right to talk foul about my daughter. Please I request you all to leave our family alone." Mr Srivastav replied to all the tittle-tattle surrounding him.

After few minutes it was only the close relatives of Srivastav family who were left behind. They all sat in silence still reminiscing about earlier incident.

"We will not leave them. They will regret it. They cannot shun this down just by saying that their son has eloped. They have to give us answers. If their son was involved in some other romantic relationship then why did he said yes for this Marriage." Said Pihu's cousin.

"No Beta( Son) we can't do anything. It will only ruin our family name and people will not think that's it's the fault of groom rather they will just remember that there was some bride who was left alone at the mandap." Replied one relative.

"We don't have anything to loose. All the respect and dignity that we had in society has just vanished because of that family. My daughter had tears in her eyes because of those people. They have to give me answers." Mumbled Mr Srivastav.

---------------------------------------------

Both Pihu and her sister Riya entered their room and sat across each other. Riya could see her sister was completely broken from inside but she was trying to act strong for her family.

"Di(Sis), say something don't be quiet. whatever happened is his fault not yours. He will surely regret Di(Sis). I assure you. Just stop thinking about that jerk he is not worth your tears. You are so precious my lovely Di." Riya whispered while stroking her elder sister's face with her soft hands.

This was enough for Pihu to break down. Both the sisters cried in each other's arms.

"I waited for the right man all my life, never got involved in some romantic relationship. From childhood I had decided that I'll love no one other than my husband dearly but see what happened? He said he'll never leave me but he left. From the moment I met him, I was falling for him but what he did? I thought he'll be the one who will always protect my fragile heart but he was like a dagger who broke my heart." Pihu whispered her voice cracking and tears threatening to fall.

"Di(Sis) the best you can do is to forget that jerk and move on and let him see you happy with someone who loves you, who respects you, who cherishes you and especially someone who deserves you." Riya said finally calming her sister down.

Suddenly the door of their room opened and there was their mother standing and panting lightly.

"Mummy What's wrong, are you okay?" Both the sisters asked in unison.

"Your-- father, he--he has gone to Ahuja Mansion."
-------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone
How was the Chapter?

Any thoughts about Pihu?

What do you think will happen now at Ahuja Mansion?

Keep on reading and support my work. For future updates add this book in your reading list or Library.

 For future updates add this book in your reading list or Library