12. Not Again

Third-Person POV

Third-Person POV

Pihu was thankful that it was Sunday as finally she can have some tranquility of mind. She did not want to talk to Prayan. She was aware of that fact that what he did was correct and whatever Prayan said to that person was accurate but in her situation the hurdle was her feelings itself.

She did not want to repeat what happened in the past. The way she got close with Sahil, had dates with Sahil, their moments together even though it was for a very short period but it had left a huge impact on her. She does not want to redo all those things again with Prayan. She was petrified that what if Prayan left her like Sahil. The ice inside Pihu was melting. She was scared that she wouldn't be able to resist Prayan for long.

---------------------------------------------

Pihu was occupied in her office cabin, doing some paperwork. It's been two, days that she has not contacted Prayan. He tried to message her and call her but all in vain. She never replied him. Pihu sighed and thought to take a break. She went to make a coffee for herself when she heard two people talking.

"Yeah, I just had a talk with Mr Prayan but he was quite enraged. I don't understand why, but I hope his anger doesn't affect our Project."

After over hearing their talks the one thing which Pihu realized was that definitely Prayan was upset with her and the mere thought of losing him was enough to drive her insane. She hurriedly left her coffee and grabbed her belongings.

"Listen I have something very important to do therefore I am taking my off." Pihu informed the receptionist and made her way towards her destination.

----------------------------------------------

After a grueling thirty minutes Pihu made it to Prayan's office. She hastily sprinted inside and asked for the direction towards his cabin from the receptionist.

"Get Out." Came a loud shrieking voice which Pihu could easily recognize as Prayan's.

Pihu saw a man leaving Prayan's office who appeared to be very dejected. She breathed and knocked at his door.

"I said get out." The voice repeated.

Pihu sighed and entered inside hoping to calm him down.

Prayan was busy doing his work when he sensed someone close to him. He raised his head and was bewildered to see Pihu standing there. She like always was looking flawless. But suddenly a thought Crossed Prayan's mind, and he made a straight face.

"After ignoring me for two days what are you doing here now? Don't you want me to ignore now?" Prayan said furiously.

Pihu was hurt that her actions have affected him so much. She ambled towards him and took his rough hands in her own delicate ones.

"Prayan I am sorry, but you misinterpreted me. I didn't mean to say that whatever that man did was right. No! absolutely not but what I meant was that you shouldn't go against your people for me. It's okay, I can handle such things." Pihu tried to explain him.

"What do you mean by that? Why shouldn't I protect or defend you? I am your friend-- I care for you, I have feelings for you." Prayan said but was suddenly cut off in between.

"NO! Please, No. You can't say things like that." Pihu said terrified. Unconsciously tears slipped through her eyes probably because of the emotional turmoil going in her heart.

Prayan breathed and cupped her face, wiping the tears with his fingers. He was staring at her fondly, and Pihu could see the corners of his eyes crinkling.

"Pihu we meet a lot of people in our lives, we get attracted towards them and it's natural but only once in life we find someone who can completely turn our world around and that person for me is YOU. Pihu I really love you. All the things related to you affect me. Your tears, your smile, your giggles effect me in ways you can't imagine."

"Please stop. I don't want to go through these feelings only to get hurt again. I was ignoring you because I was afraid to feel those emotions again. Your friend has already hurt me enough please don't do this to me." Pihu whisper yelled. She was feeling afraid that she would give in soon.

Pihu stumbled backwards unable to digest what was happening. She distanced herself from Prayan not able to handle his presence. On the other hand Prayan was repenting on the choice of his words. He knew Pihu needed time but his feelings got the best of him.

"I know you need time and you still don't trust me enough. But I am ready to take it slow for you, I and my feelings will wait for your acceptance. I know you need assurance and I more than happy to give it to you. Unlike Sahil, I will never leave you even if you don't choose me, because I love you Pihu Srivastav." Prayan whispered in a single breath. He knew he was sure of his feelings and there was no going back.

-------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone 🌺
How was your day Guys? Mine was hectic because of these online classes.

•Do you think the insecurities which Pihu has are valid? Should she stay away from Prayan because of her past.

• Your thoughts on today's Chapter?