13. Regret

Sahil's POV

Sahil's POV

I was out for grocery shopping as the sky was clear and also to bring medicines for Anjali as she was not feeling well. I ambled towards the front door of our residence, and to my astonishment it was unlocked, I entered inside our house which seem empty.

Immediately I heard some noises coming from our room upstairs. My instinct reaction was to be cautious and alert. Instantly I heard a high-pitched moan of a female. Even in my sleep I could identify this voice. My heart was thudding wildly, I took small steps and was now standing outside the room from where the voices were coming.

There I saw Anjali and her friend in the bed all over each other.

I never ever in my wildest dreams would have thought that, the girl whom I loved so much would cheat on me. I was so blind in her love that I broke Pihu's heart and my family's heart. Instead of my parents, I made her my Priority. And for what? To get cheated on.

How could she? How? Our special moments, Our heartfelt confessions to each other, our dates, all these memories were flashing in front of my eyes.

My heart was stinging, it was getting hard for me to bear this pain. I stumbled a bit and without creating any noise ran towards the exit. My heart was howling loudly, there was only one thing crossing my mind. That was Regret.

Regret of leaving my family. Regret of leaving my Pihu.

-----------------------------------------------

After so long I was standing outside my place. My home to be precise. I was eagerly waiting to meet my parents. I know they will be upset with me but I have to apologize to them. I can go to any extent for their forgiveness.

I sighed heavily and knocked at the front door. My heart was thumping loudly, and fingers were fidgeting. I was feeling anxious to the extent that even my body was acting on its own. Instantaneously the front door opened and to my amazement it was our Servant. His face held expression of astonishment.

"Kaka(Uncle) Where is Maa(Mother) and Papa(Father)?" I asked him with excitement. He didn't utter anything rather pointed towards my room upstairs.

I hurriedly rushed towards my room not even bothering to look anywhere. I was standing outside my room, the wooden door was hardly open, few voices were coming from inside. I tilted my head a little to see who was inside in there. However, the scene in front of me was heartbreaking.

There were my parents sitting on my bed. My mother's head was on her husband's shoulders. They both were holding our family photograph close to their hearts. Their eyes were teary making me realize that just for the sake of my temporary happiness, I have broke their heart and made them suffer. At times when they needed my support I was the one who brought them shame and embarrassment.

"People say everything depends on upbringing, so was our upbringing that worse. Were we that bad at parenting? It was our responsibility to instill good values in our children but I guess we failed." I heard my father say. His each and every statement pierced my heart and made me realize how much of a bad son I am.

"Mom, Dad." I whispered stepping inside my room. My parents who were earlier sitting comfortably on the bed now were bewildered to see me standing in front of them. Their vulnerable state was shattering my heart.

"I am truly sorry for what I did, I have put you both through so much pain. I have such amazing parents, but I don't know why I chose to hurt you with my ridiculous actions. I know you will never be able to forgive my actions and I won't pressurize you to forgive me. I can't explain my actions, neither justify them. But I hope you give me a chance to repent." I said kneeling in front of them.

"You have not only hurt us but broke our heart. You are our child, and we can't remain upset with you for long but don't expect us to easily forget what you did. For your selfish desires you have hurt a lot of people. Just remember that." My mother said and both of my parents left me alone lamenting on my actions.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone 🌺

•So today's chapter was entirely from Sahil's point of view. At last he has realised what he did was wrong but is it any point of lamenting now?

•Do you think Sahil will try to woo Pihu again?

• Who should Pihu choose?
Sahil or Prayan

• Who should Pihu choose? Sahil or Prayan