23. Left At The Mandap

Pihu's POV

Pihu's POV

Life is unpredictable, you never know what is thrown at you in the next moment. There are times when we run away from our destiny in search of solace but we do not realise that the thing from which we are running is the most required in our lives.

It's funny that I was running away from the feeling of love, but it was running after me all along. It's true when people say that love is blissful, Indeed it is.

I was standing near the window of my room, and enjoying my last moments with my family. Finally tomorrow was the day when I will be married. When I'll be Mrs Sharma.

But there is one thing which was piercing my heart badly. Just few hours back I got the information that Prayan's parents have arrived in Delhi and are staying currently in a hotel. However Prayan was still in Mumbai. Tomorrow is our marriage but still he hasn't arrived. Why?

"Di(Sis) are you okay? What are you thinking?" My sister Riya asked me while sitting on my bed. Her legs were folded and she waiting for me to open my mouth.

"Since yesterday, Prayan has not called me. I have texted him like so many times but still there is no response. I don't know what's the issue, I hope he is fine."

"Didi(Sister) just relax. Jiju might be busy in some stuff, After all he is the CEO and you know it's not easy to manage your professional and personal life together. Don't worry you'll see him tomorrow also do you really think that he would like to see you in your bridal attire looking like a ghost? Gosh! I can't even imagine you looking like a zombie." My little bratty sister said while chuckling a bit.

I sighed and thought to not dwell on it. Hoping everything will fall in place.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Day of Marriage

Pihu's POV

From head to toe I was cladded up in shimmering jewellery. My lehenga was blazing red in colour. I was staring at my reflection in the mirror still in deep thoughts of Prayan.

Groom's family and all the relatives had already arrived. I was still not aware about the wereabouts of Prayan.

Suddenly my sister came in my room hastily. Her eyes were looking for me.

"Prayan?" I whispered. Earlier I asked her to gather information about Prayan from his parents as I still can't go downstairs.

"As per his parents, Prayan Jiju is on his way." As soon as I heard those words I felt relieved.

"Didi Sahil is also present with his family."  Riya informed me. Why wouldn't he be present after all it was me only who insisted to send an invitation card to him. I have moved on from him completely, therefore his existence hardly effects me.

"Let him be." I whispered waiting for Prayan to arrive.

---------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

At last it was time, for Pihu to go downstairs. She Kept her gaze downwards and made her way towards the stage. She was feeling extremely nervous and giddy.

Pihu shifted her gaze everywhere and was astonished to see that Prayan was yet to arrive. Heck! who even comes late on their marriage. Pihu thought.

Her eyes witnessed the beautiful preparations which were done by her family. Entire hall was covered in beautiful flowers, shinning light's and the furniture lying was quite exquisite.

There at the the corner was a projector instilled by Pihu's family which displayed her childhood pictures and videos. Pihu could feel her eyes welling up.

Instantly out of nowhere, the pictures and videos being displayed on the projector stopped and after a second there were few objectionable pictures which were displayed in front of the entire crowd which broke Pihu's fragile heart.

There on the projector were pictures of Prayan and some random girl lying naked under the comforter. The random girl had kept her head on Prayan's naked chest. Their bodies were tightly pressed against each other.

Pihu's feets were glued to the floor and tears were constantly flowing like a stream of river from her eyes.

Prayan's parents were bewildered to see their son in that state. They kept on calling Prayan but all in vain.

Pihu was feeling as if she has been deprived of air for so long. She began to cry harder, tears running down her face. Her parents were taken aback and were cursing at their fate. She could hear her parents fighting and arguing with Prayan's parents but all she could think was of ------ Prayan. Were all his promises fake? Was her love that weak? Was her fate so cruel?

Pihu wanted to run away from all these people who were looking at her with their evil eyes. Yet again people will make mockery of her. It's true when people say that history repeats itself. Her heart was crumbling down, she wanted to scream at the top of her voice.

Suddenly out of nowhere came a voice which startled everyone present in the hall.

"I can't believe Prayan could be a cheater. Pihu I know my friend, he loved you dearly but these pictures are forcing me to believe otherwise. It's all because of me, if you would have married me then a cheater like Prayan would have never hurt you. I am so sorry Pihu. Don't think about these people  who are spitting nonsense out of their mouths, don't think about anything, if anything matters that's only your happiness. I don't want to see you shedding tears Pihu, your tears break my heart." Sahil said coming in front.

Sahil sighed and spoke "I don't want people to call you a bride who was Left at the Mandap Again."

"Therefore I urge you to say yes and Marry Me. Forget that cheater and Marry Me." Sahil said throwing a bombshell on the crowd.

"Say Yes Pihu, Say it." Sahil whispered.

------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys 🌺

•How was today's Chapter?

•Your thoughts on Sahil's suggestion? Should Pihu say yes to Sahil?

Do you think this is the end of Prayan's and Pihu's Love story?

•How many of you would like Pihu to marry Sahil?

Next chapter will definitely reveal Prayan's POV.