20. Departure

Before Moving forward I would like to say to all those people who are reading this book, I am not forcing you guys but still if you'll comment and share your views with me I'll feel elated

Before Moving forward I would like to say to all those people who are reading this book, I am not forcing you guys but still if you'll comment and share your views with me I'll feel elated.🌺

------------------------------------------------

Third-Person POV

"Baby why are you still frowning?" Prayan asked Pihu who had a scowl on her face.

"Don't talk to me." Pihu retorted with a sullen face.

"But--But you said, that you'll forgive me once I prove that I love you more and also whatever I did was just an act." Justified Prayan.

Frankly Prayan couldn't understand that why Pihu was behaving like this. Even after apologizing like a hundred times she was still upset with him.

"Look-- I know, you are upset with me but trust me it was just an act to make you jealous, and I have no feelings for my secretary." Reasoned Prayan. Even after a lot of tantrums thrown by Pihu, Prayan was still calm and composed. He knew that it was a slight thing and she was overreacting but not even for a millisecond he lost his patience.

Prayan sighed and fidgeted with his fingers thinking of some way to uplift her mood. Suddenly he heard Pihu clearing her throat and whispering
"I think we should call it off."

These seven words were enough to break Prayan's heart. He wouldn't have thought that a mere prank could cost him his love life. He was unable to form words, and his body stiffened.

On the other hand Pihu could barely stiffle her laughter.

And at last she burst off.

"Hahaha--- Oh! God---- Prayan, look at your---- face, hahahaa" Pihu managed to whisper and kept on laughing.

The single statement was enough to make Prayan halt. It was as if he could finally breath. He sighed and rubbed his head with frustration. How did he fell for her prank? Although he should be upset and furious with her for pulling such a stupid prank, but No! his reaction was completely different. He smiled like a fool and listened to her babbling.

"I am really sorry, I was just trying to prank you. I thought why not tease you-- I am sorry and in no way I am leaving you. We will always be together." Pihu mumbled. She was cuddling with Prayan on the couch. Her back was pressed tightly with Prayan's chest and their fingers were interwined.

"I was constantly thrown tantrums at you and not responding to you properly but still you didn't lost your tranquility why? You didn't give up." She said more like questioned. Honestly Pihu was very astonished to see prayan responding in a very collected state. If there would have been some other guy in place of Prayan then he would have definitely lost his control.

"I will never give up on us. I assure you, even if you keep on throwing tantrums at me on daily basis, I will never leave you because when I say I love you-- it's not only with your beauty, but I am in love with your child like personality, I am in love with your duality-- one moment you are that fiesty lady and the other moment you act like a kindergarten kid. I am in love with your clusmisness and your perfection both." Prayan replied while smiling.

He pulled her chin up and turned her face slightly towards himself. His thumb was brushing lightly against her cheeks.

"I love you Pihu Srivastav." Prayan mumbled and kissed her forehead.

----------------------------------------------------

Pihu's POV

Currently I was having my dinner with my parents when my father asked "How is it going with Prayan?"

I practically choked on my food when I heard his question. Although they know everything about Prayan but sometimes discussing such things with parent's becomes a bit akward. I cleared my throat and was about to reply when a sudden knock at the door startled us.

I stood from the chair and opened the door. I was bewildered to see Prayan standing in his formal attires.

"Prayan?" I asked.

"Pihu I want to talk to you, it's urgent." Prayan replied.

"Are you okay? What's the matter? Tell me Prayan you are fine right?" I rambled.

"Shh-- calm down. Just come outside, I want to talk to you." Prayan said cupping my face softly.

"Okay-- Let me inform Mom and Dad first." I said and quickly rushed inside. After informing my parents, I made my way towards Prayan.

We both were standing outside my place, his eyebrows were furrowed and was definitely stressing over something. After becoming aware of my presence he sighed and cupped my cheeks. His fingers were tracing my cheeks and then my lips softly. Every sensation was causing tingles in my body. Our foreheads were pressed together.

"Pihu---- I am leaving." Prayan whispered.

"What?" I was shocked to know that he was leaving and numerous thoughts clouded my mind.

Why was he leaving? What does it mean? Are we over?I was hyperventilating because of such thoughts.

"I am not leaving you, never ever. It's just that my Mumbai branch needs me, the purpose for which I came here is now fulfilled. All those necessary actions which were required to be taken in my Delhi branch are implemented. My staff needs me." Prayan whispered.

"I know it's very sudden, but I have to leave now." Prayan continued.

"I---I, don't know how to react? It's too early that you are leaving. When will we meet next? For how long will we stay away? What if we couldn't find time for each other?" I mumbled my heart was breaking from the thought that Prayan was leaving.

We were standing face-to-face, eyes never leaving each other. Prayan reached to take my hand in his warm ones. Each touch making me shiver in a pleasant way.

"Pihu-- listen to me very carefully, I know we are going to stay away from each other for a while but that doesn't mean, I'll love you less. No! My love for you is growing with each passing day. I know things are going to be strenuous for a while, but just think this separation as some kind of exam of our love. Always remember that the key to a successful relationship is effective communication and faith in each other.

The first day I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one for me. We might be knowing each other for only few months but I am sure that I want to spend my future with you. So Miss Pihu Srivastav will you Marry Me, I know this is not the appropriate way to propose but I hope you won't reject me." Prayan said. His eyes were reflecting the honesty in his words and his love and admiration for me.

"Yes---Yes, I'll Marry you." I said and jumped on him wrapping my arms around him.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys 🌺
Hope everyone's doing well!!

•Your thoughts on today's Chapter?

Do you think this temporary separation will bring some problems for them? Will their love remain the same? Do you think  distance in a relation can cause troubles?

Stay safe everyone and to all of those whose exams are approaching All the best lovely people.💙

💙