5. Attraction

Prayan's POV

Prayan's POV

I was eagerly waiting for this day. The D Day where my best friend was going to get married. I am elated that he has moved on from his ex lover. She was a greedy women who was only after his money but he was such a fool to realise it. I didn't used to like her but what can you do when your best friend is madly in love with someone whom you despise.

He told me that he met his would to be bride few months back. They both accepted this arrange marriage and at last this day has arrived.

In few minutes I'll reach his place. Although I couldn't be a part of his other functions but I'll surely have a blast today. As I live in Mumbai and he lives in Delhi, It was a bit difficult for me to come because I was busy in my office work. How couldn't I be busy when I am the CEO of my company.

As soon as I reached his place, I hurriedly made my way inside and met Uncle and Aunty. After taking their blessings and congratulating them, I started searching for my best friend.

"Prayan go and check why your friend is taking so much time also take Ravi with you." I heard aunty saying.

I nodded and along with Ravi made my way towards Sahil's room.

I entered my friend's room where surprisingly the lights were off. After turning the lights on I and Ravi were bewildered to see an empty room, it looked strange too. The curtains were restraining any source of light to enter inside. I pushed the door open to witness an empty washroom.

Following my gut feelings I opened the closet beside the bedside lamp with shaking hands to notice an empty wardrobe. Suddenly my eyes caught a paper which was lying on the wooden table placed in the corner of the room.

I am Sorry Mom and Dad

But I can't marry that girl, because she is not perfect for me. I tried hard to forget my ex girlfriend but I couldn't. Pihu is nothing compared to her. Me and my girlfriend have reunited, I know we separated but we couldn't because we love each other. I am sorry Mom and Dad, But I can't marry Pihu.

It took me some time to register what actually had happened. I was here to enjoy my friends wedding but he has eloped away. Why? Just because he now realised he still has feelings for his ex. It's really disappointing. Didn't he think about that girl. How could he? Being dumped is disheartening. It's just like someone has punched you in your heart. Not only do we feel abandoned but also feel replaced. I can't even imagine what that girl must be feeling. I thought.

After some time, when all the guests went away and we all were just sitting and thinking how to reach Sahil, came a loud shrieking voice which held fury and pain.

It was the girl's father and some relatives they were shouting and demanding questions from Sahil's parents about his irresponsible actions. I was stunned when Aunty offered to marry that girl with their younger son. How can she make such a deal? What about that girl? What about her self respect? I thought. My train of thoughts was interrupted by a stern voice.

"Will you accept your irresponsible son and his wife when he returns?"

Came a stern and sweet voice startling me and I swear I felt something in my heart. I looked at her walking forward and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish for me in that moment. She was like a bright fire in the month of November.

To describe her as beautiful would be an understatement. She was more than that. She was like a goddess looking so pretty in her bridal dress.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone
Hope you all are doing well!

•At last we have Prayan's POV. Any thoughts about him? Do you think he seems different or not?

•Is it love at first sight or mere infatuation for Prayan's? What do you guys think?

I am sorry for a very short update, but I was not feeling well, therefore I couldn't write more but don't worry I'll update the next chapter very soon. Till then take care everyone.💙

💙