15. Party

Pihu's POV

Pihu's POV

After few hours of crying and being stuck deeply in my thoughts, I was currently sitting on my bed and reading a novel.

Suddenly I received an email from Prayan's company stating that tomorrow is some business party in which I was invited on behalf of my company.

Prayan? Will he go with me? Should I talk to him? But what if he's not interested in me anymore? All these thoughts were making me go crazy. Instantly I received a text from Prayan which said.

Be ready by 7:00 p.m, my driver will come to pick you up.

His message was precise and formal. Nothing else was mentioned. My mind drifted back to all the previous things which happened lately. How I met Prayan, our late night conversatios, his cocky remarks and how he always protected me and stood for me. Only then did I realize that he held the dearest position in my heart. It drives me insane, every time I think about what happened in Prayan's office. I failed to admit how much Prayan really meant to me, but I hope it's not too late.

----------------------------------------------

The Next Day

It was past 6:30 p.m and the driver would be here in half an hour. I applied neutral make-up including an eyeliner and a red lipstick. I pressed my hairs straight to look more presentable. My dress was an off shoulder black velvet gown which was a less revealing one. I decided to go with heels which perfectly matched with my dress.

 I decided to go with heels which perfectly matched with my dress

(Pihu's Outfit)

After a while, there was a black limousine waiting for me outside my home. Quickly I made my way inside that car not wanting any further delay but the only question in my mind was where is Prayan? I thought we were going together or he would come to pick me up but he is nowhere. Maybe he really forgot me.

After driving for an hour. The driver stopped the car and I stepped out only to realise that it's a very crowded place. There were many business tycoons and renowned personalities present.

The hall was spacious and was beautifully decorated. There were few people cladded up in expensive suits who were busy talking and laughing with each other while enjoying some drinks and snacks. Other few were glued with each and were dancing on the floor as if it's their last night.

 Other few were glued with each and were dancing on the floor as if it's their last night

(Prayan's Outfit)

As I turned around my eyes caught him--- the one I was longing to see-- standing there looking breathtaking in his white tuxedo but the fact that a girl was practically throwing herself on my Prayan enraged me. She flicked her blonde hairs backwards and started fake giggling over something. That women had wrapped herself around Prayan as if he is some possession that she would loose.

Enough I can't let her stay too long with him. He is definitely getting uncomfortable. I can't let her invade my Co-partner's privacy. No way. Yeah! I consoled myself and strolled towards my one and only target.

"Partner" I said or more like yelled trying to get his attention in which I succeeded.

"How are you? I was waiting for you but I guess you are quite busy here." I said standing close to prayan while glaring at that women.

His brown orbs were staring at me softly, providing me the warmth which I desired. I threw my arms around his neck, silently telling that women to run away. Prayan's arms were around my waist, his face held an amused expression. Our bodies were tightly pressed with each other.

"Who is she? Why is she standing close to you? You bitc----" The blondie was fake pouting and uttering some nonsense when she was cut off by a loud stern voice.

"ENOUGH, Don't you dare spit nonsense from your shitty mouth. She is doing nothing, rather you learn how to stay in your limits. Even after saying you a thousand times to leave me, you didn't do that. Instead you made me uncomfortable. So it's better if you leave." Prayan said. I was trying to stiffle my laugh, and was practically doing a little victory dance when she left.

"Baby" he said making me fluster. My face turned into a light shade of pink.

"There's no need to be jealous, I have my eyes for only one person." He continued making my smile falter. My heart sank at his words. 'One person?' 'Who is my competitor now?' I thought.

"Who?" I hissed.

He took my hand and lead me on the dance floor, our heart pounding but we didn't utter a word.

Prayan pulled me to him, his arms on my waist and my arms around his neck. My cheeks turned to a more darker shade of pink when Prayan whispered,

"You".

The slow music was playing in the background. I rested my head on his chest, and let him sway my body round and round again. My eyes welled up with the swirl of emotions, how desperately I wanted to confess my feelings to Prayan.

I breathed and decided to convey my feelings to Prayan, but I heard someone taking Prayan's name. We both halted our movements and turned towards the source of that voice.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone 🌺
At last Pihu has realised her feelings. Their confession is not that far.🤭

•Finally Pihu was at the verge of confessing but someone interrupted their moment. Who do you think that person is?

•Will Pihu be able to confess her feelings?

•What are your views on the story so far?