part 21

Palette's pov

I was shook awake. It was mom.

"Hey baby. We need to go, okay. You have a doctor's appointment."

"I thought that it was tomorrow."

She chuckled. "You ended up sleeping all night. You two were certainly tired."

"Ok."

Goth woke up and curled up at my side.

"Palette?"

"Yes?" I answered.

"Please don't go."

"I'm sorry love, I have a doctor's appointment." I kissed the top of her head, "see ya later Gothy."

"See ya."

I left and went to my appointment.

           Goth's pov

When Palette left, I was disappointed, but, at least we can see each other often.

I was cuddling with mom when dad randomly came in and decided to blow an air horn. I shrieked and mom punched him in the face out of instinct. I burst out laughing when she did that, and dad did, too when the pain subsided.

"Hey, Goth, come here." Dad said as he gestured with hand for me to come to him.

"Yeah?"

"Remember when I said that when you are older, you can work along side me?" I nodded, "Well, let's go to work." I nodded again, saying that Im coming.

            Time skip

Dad taught me how to tell when someone is dying and where they are. And he said that when it is time to reap someone, just close my eyes and think of this as putting them out of their misery.

"Another one." I murmered to dad. "In . . . a hospital?"

He paused and nodded, confirming what I said. We teleported there.

Dad went into the room and paused then continued, saying something that I can't hear.

A few minutes later, he came out with tears in his eyes. "Goth?" His voice was shakey, "Would you like to say goodbye?"

I looked at him quizzily, and went in.

No. No! NO!!! NONONONONONONONO!!!! PALETTE!!!!

"P-Palette? No. Please . . ."

"Gothy . . . Come here." I went over to him. "You know I love you, right?" I nodded. He handed me a small box. "Here's something to remember me by." He gave me a small smile.

"I love you, Pally."

"I love you too, Gothy." He pulled me in for a kiss.

I was sobbing. Dad came in. He was crying to, but not as hard as me. "It's his time Goth."

I nodded before leaving the room. I couldn't watch as my father reaped my lover. He held me and teleported home. Mom was concerned and worried that we were both crying. Dad told her what happened and she broke into tears as well.

I looked at the box and opened it. There was a note. It said:

Dear Goth,
     I'm sorry I wasn't able to tell you this in person, but I have (insert fatal thing here) and I was getting surgery to fix it. I was able to get you this one thing before I had to go back to the hospital. I love you, Goth.

I looked at the back and he wrote on the back:

If I were to propose to you, would you of said yes?