Chapter 12

POV ~ Broccoli Boi

As I slowly started to wake up I noticed the pro hero Eraserhead sitting at the other end of my hospital room. "E-Eraserhead?" He wouldn't hurt me for asking questions, right?

"Oh, hey problem child, how long have you been up?" Problem child? Oh no have I inconvenienced him, is this a normal nickname?

"I-I just woke up. Where am I?" Please don't shout at me, please don't shout at me!

"Right now you are in Recovery Girls office, she told me to ask you if anything hurt, so?"

Wait is he asking me if I'm okay? But I was in the league of villains base, doesnt that mean they will hate me and throw me in a prison to forget about me. This doesn't make any sense what is going on, what is going on?!

"Hey, kid, calm down its okay. You don't need to worry I will explain everything we just need to get recovery girl to do a quick checkup on you, is that okay?" He's asking me? He's asking me! I could feel a tear slip down my cheek, why am I crying? Isn't this what happiness feels like?

"Th-Thats fine by me." I could feel my lips stretching upward and my teeth starting to show. What on earth am I doing? Is this rude? How do I stop doing it?

I can see Eraserhead start to smile and I cant help but ask, "Did I say or do something wrong?" Thankfully my face returned to normal and so did Eraserhead's, does this mean he is or isn't going to beat me?

"No of course you haven't, why would you think that?" What do I tell him, that I dont know what I just did? Or should I say a lie? No lying cant be the answer when someone is being nice to you.

"W-Well I dont know what I just did and since you started to s-smile, I thought you were going to b-beat me like the league did whenever I did something wrong." I can see a silent tear falling down his face.

"I'm sorry, I need to.. erm... go get recovery girl, I will be back in a second." With that he dashed out of the room before I could even say a response. Well that confirms he hates me so much he can't even be in the same room as me without being repulsed. Shigaraki was right, I am just a screw up, unwanted, quirkless child. Toga was right, I would be better covered in bruises and cuts, slowly bleeding to death. The only reason I'm here now is because of Mamagiri and my big brother, Dabi.

"Hello there, dearie, how are you feeling?" Oh this must be recovery girl.

"I-I feel better then before but my head hurts and I feel really tired." Wait why did I tell her all of that without question? Is it because she is a pro hero? No that can't be I was second guessing myself constantly.

"Okay thank you for telling me, here have some candy." Candy? What's that?

"I.. um.. thank you." She gives me this squishy bear shaped green thing. I decide to just stare at it for a minute before recovery girl tells me.

"Have you never had candy before?" I shake my head and she explains, "candy is a treat that good boys get to eat and since you answer my question you get a piece of candy. If you don't like gummy bears then I also have lollipops and haribo's." Lollipops, haribo's? Is there different types of candy?

"N-No this is fine, thank you." I try to give her a smile and fail miserably. I put the squishy bear into my mouth and start to chew. This is the best thing I have ever tasted, I wonder if Dabi would like these.

All of a sudden, Eraserhead walks over to me and puts a box in my hand, "Here these are called Pocky sticks, make sure to chew then when eating there not as soft as gummy bears." More treats? Why are they being nice, this must be a trick, it has to be or else people are actually starting to like me? I'm not sure anymore.

"Th-thank you." I can see that Eraserhead head is wanting to ask something so I stare at him with a puzzled expression on my face and eventually he caves.

"Would you rather me and Present Mic adopt you or would you like to go to an orphanage?" Wait he wants to adopt me?

"I would love to be adopted by you, if you are sure you don't mind." Once again my face goes all funny but Eraserhead and recovery girl look genuinely happy and this is a different smile from what Shigaraki used to do so I don't try to fix my face again.

"Of course, kid, we can go right now, if you want?" I can tell my eyes have started to sparkle like they used to and I start nodding my head. "Okay then it's settled. Let me just go get the paperwork and I should be able to take you home." Home, I finally get a home!

At Caterpillar God's house

"Hey there little listener, welcome home!"

"Omg its Present Mic welcoming me home, wait are Eraserhead and him dating or are they just roommates. Then again why would they both have the same engagement ring if they were roommates."

"Wow Shota, I reckon he's faster then you." I turn around and look at my new dads.

"I-I'm so sorry I didn't mean to mumble out loud, also I was wondering what I should call you and if you two are engaged, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Firstly you can call me Dadzawa and Mic, papa and secondly we are engaged, one more thing we have a surprise for you in your bedroom. Do you want to go see what it is?"

A/N Hi thank you for reading part twelve of my first story. Please let me know what you want to happen in this story because I am open for suggestions. I have not been through this to check for punctuation, spellings etc. So sorry about that. Please vote and comment I always love reading your opinions and I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you all <3

Words used 1080