Chapter 5 Polyplax POV

Polyplax woke up on a large platform. There were spots in his eyes, dancing across his vision. His senses started to work again, apart from the loud ringing in his ears. He heard murmurs everywhere; but one voice was loud and clear: Wasp's screaming of pure fury.

"YOU FOOL! HOW COULD YOU LET THAT DRAGON GET AWAY!?"

Polyplax just sat there and groaned. He felt awful, like he betrayed his Queen when she was on the good side. Which she was, so he felt even more awful.

"I-I'm sorry." Polyplax whispered.

Wasp must've heard his weak and pitiful voice, so her voice became soothing and comforting.

"No, I should be the one who's sorry. Let's get you fixed up." Wasp picked Polyplax up and gave him to Termite. "Get him to the medical wing please. We need him." Wasp looked directly into Termite's eyes.

Polyplax groaned again. He couldn't remember anything except his experiences with Wasp. He knew that Wasp was the best Queen and the SilkWings were the slaves. Though he knew all this...he couldn't remember who his mother or father was. He couldn't remember anything actually. But he did know this: Wasp was the best, strongest, kindest dragon he knew. It felt wrong though. He took one last breath and slunk into the darkness again.

This time he woke up in the throne room, sprawled on the floor. Or at least, a throne room. He looked around carefully and saw a pale yellow dragon with a frill on her spine. She looked old and wise, and had only two wings. Polyplax had never seen a dragon like this before. The dragon tilted her head then shook it. He woke up in a cold sweat and looked around. He breathed out a sigh of relief.

Just a dream.

He realized he was in the medical wing.

Wasp is such a good Queen; she cares for every HiveWing, even if I'm not fully one.

Getting up on his talons, Polyplax looks around for any medics. None were around, but he noticed a note on a desk. "MEET ME IN THE MAIN THRONE ROOM" it said. Wasp. He thought, excited to meet with his queen. Walking out from the wing, he found the hallways leading up to the throne room. Opening the doors, he saw Wasp on her almighty throne, beaming down on him. "Polyplax! My most loyal subject!" Termite gave Wasp a puzzled look, as if he was saying, "Hey, what happened to ME? Aren't I your most loyal subject??"

Polyplax chuckled to himself. "Hello, Her Majesty. I'm Sorry for failing you."

"No, no. You were just trying to protect me. That's what I value most about you." she smiled.

"Now, I have another assignment for you. I will send you to the Poison Jungle, for the LeafWings are still alive and living there." Everyone gasped in horror. One said, "But the Poison Jungle...it's impossible to live there!!"

"I know, I know. But my dear friend Polyplax is going to help us. Right, Polyplax?" Everyone turned to Polyplax. He felt as if the world depended on him. He understood what he needed to do. "Yes, I will spy on the LeafWings."

"Good. Now, stay perfectly still." Wasp's eyes rolled to the back of her head. "This will only take a while." Polyplax immediately gave unto her control, welcoming it.