Chapter 8 Hibiscus POV

Hibiscus had been waiting behind the throne for hours. At one point, Wasp was in the room, but there were too many guards, so she hid by another plant and used leafspeak to camouflage herself in the leaves.

The scene was a HiveWing being sent on a mission to the Poison Jungle.

At first, she wanted to jump out and attack, but that would blow her cover, and her mission. So she stayed hidden, watching the HiveWing be controlled by the Queen. She would hate to be mind controlled, just generally, but the HiveWing chose the control, the power in his body.

She muttered, the leaves holding her head up, like a cushion. "Stupid Wasp. You're a Queen! You should be in the throne room 24/7." Grumbling more, she didn't realize that someone entered the room.

"H-hello?" A small voice squeaked. It sounded like a dragonet's...

Getting off her back silently, she peeked around the plant, seeing a small dragonet, no older than 5. She was a HiveWing, with spectacles on her nose. She seemed so innocent.

"Are you Sundew's friend?" She called out. Hibiscus was immediately out of the shadows when she heard the name. "How do you know her?" She growled. The dragonet yelped in surprise, searching around the room until her eyes met hers. "A-Are you Hibiscus?"

"What do you want? Tell me, and I'll tell you my name." Hibiscus's eyes bore into the dragonet, staring into her soul. Behind the dragonet's eyes were truthful. She actually let her guard down and sat back, in a softer tone she asked,"I believe we got off the wrong talon." Hibiscus knew that the dragonets' eyes were trailing to the plants, where the plants were crawling towards the hybrid.

The stems and leaves wrapped around her forearms and legs, lifting her above the ground. "I am Hibiscus. What's your name?"

"I-its Cricket, miss Hibiscus." 'Cricket' said, stuttering out of amazement. "May I ask, how are you doing that? With the plants?"

"You've never heard of Leafspeak? Only LeafWings can attain the ability, so I'm not surprised." Hibiscus answered politely.

"Leafspeak? Never heard of that." Cricket wrinkled her nose. So Sundew is keeping her ability a secret? Hmm, not surprised. "And you aren't exactly a LeafWing from what I see and heard from Sundew."

Hibiscus didn't respond to that. "Well, where's Sundew?"

"Oh, she's back at the market--"

"Good, I have important news." The hybrid cut her off, the plants putting her on the ground and into their original positions. "Let's go through that hole." Pointing to the silk wall with a hole in it, Hibiscus led the dragonet to the large hole, the strands of silk drifting in the wind. As the two were abou to leap out, the doors opened. SilkWings were shoved in by HiveWings, most likely to fix the hole. The HiveWings noticed the two, well, Cricket. The hybrid had put on her cloak before. "HEY!" STOP RIGHT THERE!" One guard cried. The guards held up spears and their tails, kind of forgetting about the SilkWings, who retreated to the opposite wall to spectate.

"Why should we?" Hibiscus sassed, smirking when the guards growled in frustration. "Under the name of Queen Wasp, stay where you are!" The guard commanded. Hibiscus didn't see, but one guard snuck out, asking for backup.

After a few minutes of arguing, either not budging, wingbeats filled her ears. The HiveWing smirked. "You two hear that? You're about to die under the mighty claws of our Queen soon."

Not on my watch. Hibiscus thought. "Cricket" she muttered from the side of her mouth. "Escape. Tell Sundew to meet me in the Poison Jungle." Nodding, Cricket watched her as the older dragon moved away from the hole, the guards attention on her, leaving a narrow escape for the HiveWing.

"Put down the hood! Reveal yourself!" The guard said. Another guard whispered something in his ear. He widened his eyes. "I-It's you! You took out one Hornet back in the market! You nearly killed my mate!" His glare deepened. "Now you'll pay."