Chapter 22 Hibiscus POV

Hibiscus stared wide eyed at Polyplax, watching him writhe in agony. Her eyes narrowed into slits, looking at the guard. The guard was watching Wasp, so she commanded the tall grass to grow high, nearly three times as tall than its original size. It was quick, and in a blink of an eye, it grew to its new taller form.

The guard jumped in surprise, letting go of her. She took the opportunity to knock him out of the tall grass. She peeked through the grass, seeing more guards come into the tall grass. Sundew did the same thing, camouflaging. Every guard that came in would come flying out, skidding on the rocky dirt. Polyplax suddenly lunged around where Hibiscus was, catching her by surprise.

Well, it wasn't Polyplax, but Wasp. Polyplax searched through the grass, trying to find her. Sneaking behind him—or is it her?— she lunged, her claws pinning him to the ground. "Don't even bother" Wasp's voice sounded through her ears. Hibiscus was knocked back, but the tall grass caught her, flinging her back. The HiveWing leaped up, crashing with her mid-air. She was knocked back again, crashing into the dirt. The grass tried to help her up, but she was dizzy and she saw stars dancing in her vision. Trying to clear her head, she didn't notice the slightly bigger dragon stalk towards her. She was about to close her eyes when Sundew came in and started to attack the possessed Polyplax. Giving her a chance to clear her head, she managed to get up, her legs wobbly.

She avoided the possessed Polyplax, heading towards Wasp. The queen was in a vulnerable state, but guards surrounded her. Using the grass to hold the guards down, she punched Wasp's face, her expression never changing, but a bruise was at the mark. Sundew screamed a "HECK YEAH!!" close behind. Wasp let out a small groan, then shook her head vigorously. Wasp's eyes were now in slits, her growl was rumbling in her throat.

"You'll regret that." Wasp gave her an evil grin. Hibiscus smelled something burning behind her.

"Hibiscus!" Sundew cried.

Hibiscus whipped around to see the possessed Polyplax shooting strands of flaming silk, lighting the tall dry grass on fire. She saw Wasp make Polyplax slam his head on the ground, knocking him unconscious.

"Guards. Let's go." Wasp said as she stopped controlling them. "To the Poison Jungle."

"Sundew, go with her. I've got to stay here with Polyplax." Hibiscus said with a tone of worry. Sundew nodded and flew after Wasp and her army. The flames around her licked her underbelly and face. She tried to make the grass shrink but the grass was in such a panic they couldn't hear her. She looked around frantically and spotted Polyplax's limp body in a circle of fire. The fire was getting closer and closer to him.

She felt like time was slowing down as she jumped up, the wisps of smoke slowly rising in the air. Diving down to grab Polyplax, she held her talons out. Grabbing under his forearms, she swooped up, dragged down by the weight of him. The flames were getting higher now, licking the tail of Polyplax. Now burning his tail and licking his face. Hibiscus gave a yelp of alarm as she tried harder to get them to safety.

With adrenaline in her veins, she threw him up into the sky, leaving all her energy and strength with him.

Feeling all of her limbs go limp, she fell slowly towards the great...burning...flames...