Chapter 19 Polyplax POV

Polyplax had said sorry for the thousandth time now. He was brought to Queen Wasp herself, with an evil gleam in her eye. He was hers to decide what to do with him, and whatever it was, it was not good. She paced around him, not taking her eyes off.

"Polyplax, or should I say Pest, I'm very disappointed. I thought you were going to lead the HiveWings to glory, but instead you ashamed them." Her words stung like a venomous viper had bit him. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"SORRY WON'T CUT IT!" Wasp rubbed her temples with her eyes closed. She went back to study him. "Now, we need a punishment before he gets executed. Any ideas?'

"Rip his eyes out!"

"Pluck his claws one by one!"

"Just kill him!"

Wasp considered the options. "We need something more." Finally a grin passed her face.

"I'm so, so sorry Wasp."

"You know what, Pest? I'm so sick of you saying sorry, I'm just going to MUTE YOU FOREVER!!!" She reached toward Polyplax's mouth, dug in without any care, and ripped something from out of his mouth. He clutched his throat and tried to scream, but nothing came out.

"Now, time for the real fun."

Polyplax still clutched his throat, coughing out blood. "Oh quit it. You're getting blood all over me." Wasp hissed. "Want me to rip out your lungs too?" Polyplax swallowed, a lump in his throat. They reached the execution place, and hundreds of dragons swarmed on the seats. He was brought to the center of the place, not handled with any care.

"This dragon," Wasp glared. "Harmed me! Why, you ask? He's a rotten traitor! He's been helping the LeafWings!" Everyone in the crowd gasped.

"They're still alive?"

"That's impossible!"

"How could he!"

"Yes, yes, I know. Well, we are here to end him." She was presented a dagger but refused. She held up her claws instead. "I'd like to do it with my bare claws, thank you." She reached up and slashed Polyplax's tail first. Then tore a hole in his wing. Finally, she reached for his face.

As she readied her claws, a screech sounded in the room, echoing. Everyone fell silent, looking for the source. Wasp was distracted too, trying to pin eyes on the responsible dragon. Polyplax shrunk down, avoiding her claws. Wingbeats filled his ears as he looked up, just to see...

...a cloaked dragon was in the air, their four wings spread out to flap in place. They glided down, their body soon landed on the platform he was on.

"Polyplax..." The dragon whispered, and Polyplax's eyes widened. It was Hibiscus!