Chapter 24 Hibiscus POV

All Hibiscus saw was darkness. She tried to maybe feel around, trying to find a surface to hold herself on.

As she attempted to, a white light blinded her. Covering her eyes, she squinted at the light, looking at a dark figure in the center.

It walked forward, every step bringing more brightness to the blackness. As the figure was only less than a tail-length away, the brightness dimmed, bright enough to still see, but not blinding.

Studying the figure, she widened her eyes and bowed deeply. "Clearsight?" She asked, confusion in her voice.

"Yes, child." The old dragon smiled, but soon faltered and got serious. "Hibiscus, you are dead."

All the color in her face drained, her pupils dilated. "W—what?" Hibiscus stuttered, processing her words.

"Don't worry...all will be okay. You were never meant to die, so this is your last chance." Clearsight touched her muzzle to Hibuscus's forehead, a bright light coming from the spot, her eyes soon turning white and blinding.

Golden dust swarmed and circled her as she was levitating in the sky. "Good luck..." Clearsight echoed in her mind, the room going black again.

Hibiscus took in a gasp of breath, her eyes flying open. Coughing, she got off her back and rolled to her side. Smoke clouded her lungs, but she cleared it out more and more with every cough. Wheezing, she squeezed out tears, her vision slightly blurry. She coughed out spit and blood, splattering on the ground by her. Looking around, she saw she was in the savanna, the fire that once burned now embers. Ash drifted in the air, the sky dark with smoke.

She felt weak and hungry, and so tired. Wait...I was dead just a minute ago. The thought passed through her head, having a huge impact on the hybrid.

Polyplax... Sundew... Canopy... all sorts of names flows through her mind. Honeycomb... Honeybee... are they still alive?

Hibiscus stood up, but failed. Trying again, she looked around for any sign of Polyplax.

He's missing...

Hibiscus then winced, the burns pain shooting through her body. She slowly took to the air, remembering everything.

Wasp is going to destroy the jungle. She thought, her hatred burning even more for the queen. Not unless I have something to do about it.

Turning northeast, she started to fly to the jungle, regardless of her injuries. This time. Hibiscus thought darkly. Wasp will wish she never messed with the LeafWings.