Yoongi x Y/N||I'm not okay||IM||

I'm not okay

Y/N is sat on the swings of the park, slowly moving up and down. Her eyes are closed, and her breathing is deep and controlled.

'1, 2, 3 In...3, 2, 1 out' She says and her breathing follows, the goal is to breath and feel her oxygen travel around her body through meditation.

"FUCK" A voice shouts, and it startles Y/N, she stops and opens her eyes. The evening is getting darker, and that voice...it's loud but rather than scary, it sounds scared.

Y/N stops swinging and turns to face the direction of the scream - curiosity filling within her she stands and walks towards the voice - conscious of possible dangers her curiosity could bring.

She walks straight to the basketball court.

She stops outside the fence and watches as this unknown child bounces the ball up and down, the sound creating an echo as the streets grew vacant.

She watches as he bounces the ball and runs with it into a layup smashing the ball into the hoop with fury. She is so immersed In the technique that she didn't realise the ball has come bouncing in her direction.

"Hey, please can you give me the ball?" The voice asks and it wasn't as high pitched as she expected from a child.

She does as he says, carefully bending down to pick up the ball, she attempts to throw it to his hands but instead the ball is thrown into the net and surprisingly it went in.

"Wow, I'm good" Y/N whispers to herself and she stands stunned and in awe of her new-found skills, the boy also stands in awe and unable to speak as a female had thrown a ball into the net - but she was approximately 20 meters away.

"Do you play?" He asks and Y/N nods a no, "Wanna play?"

"Sure" She replies, she is doing nothing, and although he is a stranger, she couldn't help but find the kid's height and basketball kit cute.

She walks over and he passes her the ball, to which she catches.

"Shoot" He speaks and she gets herself ready on his command.

She looks at the net, her hand is placed into position and her legs are tip toed, she reaches out - as if she is reaching for the stars and jumps up, releasing the ball out of her grasp.

She misses.

"Well that was a flunk" Y/N chuckles as she watches the ball bounce away.

"It's okay, you don't have to tense your shoulders when you shoot, lighten up a bit" The voice approaches her - his appearance coming into the one lamppost that illuminated the court, she stares as his messy blonde hair and face. He is beautiful. She realises that she may have misjudged his age as close up he looks similar to her age.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Y-yea, I just thought you were a high schooler" Y/N admits as she bites her bottom lip.

He chuckles, "I get that a lot" he responds looking down at the ball on his hands.

He then turns and shoots into the net, the ball goes in and he stands, letting it bounce away.

"Are...you okay?" Y/N asks to the unknown man who stood - his back facing her.

"Ugh" He sounds out, a broken chuckle escapes his lips, "No"

He turns to look at her.

 "I'm not okay" He smiles. 

A smile so broken.

Y/N stands, not able to take in what was happening, all her life she had been asking people if they were okay, always expecting a yes, yet never prepared for a no.

She approaches him and without a second thought, hugs him from behind.

He stands, and doesn't move an inch.

 A monster of emotions erupting, he looks down and begins to cry but his cries are soundless. Only little sniffles could be heard.

 Y/N thought that when comforting someone, it's the most important to listen and give advice, but with some, a simple action is what could ease them, a small action- no need for words.

She didn't know him - he didn't know her. But simply because you don't know somebody doesn't mean you can't help them overcome their struggles, Their anxiety and ease their pain.

She had once struggled too, and the one who helped her out is no longer alive - it is her duty to help others who needed it but didn't seek it. 

It is her duty to empower those who need empowerment and love those who need love.

Because it's only human of her to do so, and so should you.

But don't go around hugging strangers thanks.