Chapter 4: Confession

"Do you want to be my hunter?" 

My breath gets stuck in my lungs. I can't breathe. Where is Gracie when I need her? She is the only one who truly understands my darkest secret.

"Y/N?" Dreams asks.

"Um," I look around and consider just hanging up. For once I'm glad he can't see me.

"What is it?" Dream asks again.

"Dream," I take a deep breath. He's going to find out at some point. "Dream, I don't know how to play Minecraft." There's silence and I pinch my leg at my stupid confession. "I don't know how to play PC edition."

"Do you know how to play pocket edition?" he asks.

"Yeah but I'm not that great, it's harder to control using only two thumbs," I say. I squeeze my eyes shut and feel like I want to cry. Growing up my parents never saw the point of spending $30 to buy me a video game. As I got older and made my own money, I enjoyed watching other people play more than the idea of actually doing it myself. I love Minecraft so much yet I have no idea how to play.

"Hey it's okay," Dream says.

I sniff at how accepting he is and how stupid everything is.

"Hey don't cry," he says. "I'll tell everyone that you came up with this idea and it won't matter that you can't play."

"No!" I almost shout. "No please don't tell anyone." What if the idea is bad? Everyone would blame me for the failure and say I was a coward since I wouldn't even be in the video. Then they would find out I couldn't even play the game.

"Are you sure? I know attention can be a lot sometimes," Dream says.

"Yeah, yeah that's right," I say. "I don't want the attention," and it's partly true. I'm fine with good attention but it's the bad attention I'm afraid of.

"Thank you Y/N, this is a great idea. One day, when we finally meet, I promise I will teach you how to play."

Author's Note: Short and sweet! Thank you everyone for more than 230 views and all the votes in such a short time!!! Also, thank you to those who commented on the quick questions part. I'm going to make my best guesses on Dream's subscriber counts throughout this story, it may not be totally accurate which I guess it doesn't really matter. Thanks!

9/8/2020