Chapter 14: A Promise Never Forgotten

Monday, July 13th, 2020

"Aaahhhh!" I scream as a creeper explodes next to me. "No! No! Half a heart! Half a heart!"

Dream cannot stop wheezing next to me.

"Run away! No I want to go forward not right!" I scream.

"You have to press 'r' not 'd'," Dream says.

"I am!" I protest. "How do I eat? I don't have any food!"

"Right click, go back to your house!" Dream says.

"Where's my house?"

"You just passed it," Dream barely manages to get the words out between his kettle noises.

I am so confused. Ten minutes into the game and I'm already on half a heart without any food and no clue where I am. It's night time which means mobs are spawning everywhere. The first ten minutes went fairly well, I managed to get some wood and dig a temporary base in the side of a mountain. Unfortunately I left all my supplies in a chest "just to be safe".

To my dismay, it starts raining. "No! Now I'm never going to find my house!"

Dream sighs. "Fine, I'll help you with the controls." He leans over and I'm suddenly very conscious of how close he is. Mostly because he is blocking the whole screen.

"Dream all I can see is the back of your head," I say.

He twists around to look at me. "Is this better?" My breath hitches, his green eyes are startling and seem to bore into me.

I blink and recover as quickly as I can, hoping he didn't notice my moment of speechlessness. "Stop," I say, swatting at his head and he ducks lower, laughing. Dream finds my house in a matter of seconds and I sigh in relief. I rush to the chest and eat some food.

"Can we play some Bedwars now?" I ask.

"Wow that's ambitious," he says.

"Well I want to try a little bit of everything today."

A few moments later Dream is seated next to me again. The setup is honestly hilarious. I am using Dream's complicated gaming setup while he has a regular PC in front of him that he just found. I am in Dream's professional gaming chair, he had fetched one from the kitchen table downstairs. I have a really cool mouse with green lights, while he has one that is bright pink and has to be plugged in.

"I'll log in with my alt, you can use my main account," he says.

"That's going to be so funny, all your fans are going to watch me die," I say.

We log on to the Hypixel server. I'm so excited! I've always been disappointed that Hypixel was PC edition only. We have a few moments of peace before someone spots us. The chat goes crazy saying, "OMG! Dream is on the server!"

A random player comes up to me and starts shifting and punching. I do the same back.

Dream cannot stop laughing. "They think you're actually me!"

"Well technically you are right here, so it could be you," I say. I type in the chat, "Hey everyone!"

I catch the person who was punching me say in the chat, "Can I have a screenie pls?"

"No, don't encourage them," Dream says, so I type, "Sure!"

I stand next to the player but now there's a whole crowd of people. I take a screenshot too just to remember this hilarious moment. I run around the lobby and do some exploring, unfortunately the crowd has already found me.