Chapter 17: Dream Team

Important announcement: Hey everyone! So I've decided to deviate from the timeline a little. Just letting you all know if it suddenly talks about something that should have happened a month later. Hope you enjoy!

"Yes! Let's go!" Dream screams as the ender dragon explodes. Purple light is scattered in the almost colorless world. Bad, George, and Sapnap groan as the yellow and green xp flutter down. Dream turns to me and we high five. His smile wavers for a moment as if he just realized I am here, even though he turned to me to celebrate.

"That wasn't fair," Bad complains. "Y/N could have been helping you for all we know."

"Guys, you know it was Dream. No one can beat Dream," George says.

"Maybe she's been playing for him all along," Sapnap jokes. I blush and realize that none of them know that I was the one who came up with the original manhunt idea. They also don't know that I'm pretty terrible at playing Minecraft. Of course, I improving, learning from the best.

"Hey Y/N, do you have Twitter?" Bad asks. "We should add you to the group chat!"

I am so surprised by how welcoming they are. "Oh wow thanks guys! It's _____."

"Yes Y/N!" Sapnap cheers and I laugh at their enthusiasm, even after a defeat. A moment later I get a Twitter notification.

"Welcome Y/N!" Sapnap typed.

"We need to change the title now," Bad says. "Dream Team + Y/N"

I realize how wide I am grinning.

"Ok the video should be ready in a few days," Dream says.

There is a chorus of goodbyes and to my surprise, many directed towards me. "Talk to  you later Y/N," Sapnap says and the call ends.

"Wow!" I say, flopping back in my chair. "Your friends are so nice! Am I really part of the Dream Team now? Congrats on winning! You were amazing!"

"Y/N, I told you not to make any noise!" Dream says.

"What?" I stop my excited talking and look at him.

"I-I don't know," he says, waving his hands in the air. "Sapnap isn't usually that nice."

"What does this have to do with Sapnap?" I ask. "And Bad is always nice!"

"Just! Ugh whatever, forget about it," he says and gets up to leave.

I stand up as well. "What do you mean? I don't get your point!" I practically shout.

"My point is, you weren't supposed to talk!"

"Why not?!" I demand.

"Well I don't know?! I just thought-I just thought things would be different after yesterday," Dream says and stalks out the door. I am left standing alone with my mouth hanging open. What did he mean? Yesterday felt so perfect, why is he suddenly all moody?

I shake my head and turn off the computer. I cautiously leave the office and find the hallway empty. I listen for a moment and hear the garage door opening. None of Dream's family could be coming home already. I feel a pang of guilt, but push it away quickly. It isn't my fault that Dream is acting so weird. I go into my room but then feel even more depressed when I see all the photos and realize this isn't even my room. I sit on the bed and stare into space. I'm startled when my phone buzzes.

It's a Twitter message from Sapnap. "Hey everyone! I just made this group chat dedicated to hunting Dream. We cannot lose again!! Since we have Y/N now, she has inside info so we need to come up with a master plan before the next manhunt video."

I see that the group chat is made of four people, me, Sapnap, Bad and George. I laugh at the title. Dreamcatchers.

"Yes! We will accept nothing less than complete victory!" Bad tweets. I smile at their dramatic antics.

As I am about to join in their excitement, I get a totally unexpected private message from George. "Hey sorry I was a little cold to you during the manhunt video. I just wasn't expecting someone else. I didn't think Dream would keep something like this from us. Um sorry this is really awkward..."

I scrunch by brow and realize what had felt so wrong during the manhunt video. I reply, "Hey George, it's completely alright. Dream's been acting weird, I think he feels bad that he didn't tell you guys."

"Really? Well anyways thanks Y/N. It was really nice meeting today!"

"Same to you! So why don't we go catch some Dreams?"

"Agreed."

"Ok Y/N, we need some inside info," George tweets in the group chat.

---About thirty minutes later---

I'm staring at my phone screen where three faces take up the space. George, Sapnap, and Bad. We are still discussing their plan to beat Dream in the next video. At some point we decided to Facetime so it was easier to talk between all four of us.

"Ok hear me out everyone," I say dramatically. "You should build a trap around The End spawn point."

"That is genius!" George says. "We should trap Dream and then we'll be there waiting with our bows."

"Yes that way we won't have to be too close so he won't be able to hit us!" Sapnap says.

"Let's go team!" Bad yells and we all cheer.

"Dreamcatchers!" Sapnap shouts and pumps his fist in the air. I'm laughing so hard I am startled when the door suddenly opens. Dream steps in and my eyes widen. I immediately stop laughing, and we just stare at each other in confusion, but the others are still cheering. "There's no way he's going to win this time!" Sapnap says.

"Guys shut up," I say through my teeth. I turn my camera to face Dream. They stop laughing.

"Uh Y/N?" George says awkwardly.

"Guys what are you doing!?" Dream says. "Plotting behind my back!? And you Y/N?!"

"Hey, Dream, we were just coming up with a strategy for the next manhunt video," Bad says.

"Yeah I get it if you guys were strategizing, but Y/N? I thought you were going to help me! Plus, didn't you guys even see the announcement!? You're all supposed to be supporting me right now. I'm fighting Technoblade next week in a $100,000 Mr Beast duel!"

Author's Note: That was the weird time jump I was talking about. I'm so excited!!! I thought of this plot idea when I first started this story, and now we're finally here! Wow, I can't believe it. Anyways, make sure to vote and comment! Thanks for reading!

10/11/2020