Chapter 16: Finale Rematch

Thursday, July 16th, 2020

"Y/N," Dream says. "We're doing the Speedrunner vs 3 Hunters Finale Rematch today, you wanna watch? I could use some support."

My eyes widen. "Wait really?" This was such a sweet offer and I am genuinely touched by it. I couldn't wait to meet George, Sapnap, and Bad! I'd known Dream for a long time now but had never met his friends before.

"Yeah," he says, and I beam. "As long as you don't make any noise."

My smiles falters. "What do you mean?"

"Well I thought you didn't want my fans to know about you," he says awkwardly.

"Oh of course," I say. "I can't wait to say hi to the Dream Team," I sarcastically emphasize the last two words. He gives me a smile but I see the weariness behind it and don't understand why.

The new world loads up, I gasp in excitement as I see George, Sapnap, and BBH are already there.

"Hey guys," Dream says.

"We're going to beat you this time Dream!" Bad says, his voice coming out of the large speakers instead of Dream's headset so that I could hear them too.

Dream laughs and they joke for a few moments. "Ok I've started recording, are all of you set up?"

There is a chorus of confirmation. "Everyone we need to have our little group huddle," Bad says. The three of them shift and crowd together, their heads bent.

Why hasn't he introduced me yet? Soon, I tell myself.

Dream shakes out his hands. He cracks his knuckles. He tilts his head from side to side. Just imagine epic music playing. He presses some keys and I watch as he slowly backs away from his three unobservant hunters. The dramatic scene is ruined by my laughter. I slap my hand over my mouth to stifle it. Dream gives me a pointed glance and I bury my head in my arms still shaking from laughter.

"Dream did you just laugh?" George asks.

"You sounded like a girl," Sapnap adds with a laugh that ends awkwardly since everyone else is dead silent. Now Dream turns and glares at me. I have no idea what I did wrong and I just stare back.

"Dream?" Bad says.

I see the dilemma in Dream's eyes that I do not understand and I whisper/mouth, "Should I tell them?" Dream's eyes widen as this comes out a little louder than I anticipated.

"Yeah there's definitely a person there," Sapnap says.

Dream sighs and looks back at his screen. "Yeah my friend is here with me. She was supposed to just watch."

"A girl!" Sapnap exclaims in a high pitched voice.

"Nice to meet you..." Bad trails off.

"Hi everyone! I'm Y/N," I say.

"Are you Dream's girlfriend?" George asks and I see something shift in Dream's face.

"Oh my god!" Sapnap exclaims. "Dream how did you not tell us about this?"

Dream glances at me and where I am expecting to find excitement, I find something else. Disappointment maybe?

I laugh at their comments. "No we're just friends."

I think I hear George say phew, though I don't know if it was sarcastic. "How long have you known each other for?" Bad asks.

As I'm about to respond Dream cuts in, "Hey, why don't we start the video? I think Y/N is getting a little nervous from all your questions."

This time I'm the one that glares at him. What's up with him? "No it's alright I don't mind," I say. "We've known each other for almost a year."

"Wait, so let me get this straight," Sapnap says. "You've known each other for almost a year, and I've known him since we were twelve, and he invites you to his house?" I can feel my cheeks heating up and realize how sudden this all is. I wish I could see their faces, to see if they offended by my barging in. I was too eager. Too soon. "Dude that's so cool! I have to admit I'm a little jealous," Sapnap says. I breathe in relief, but his remarks still ring in my head.

"So can you tell us something we don't know about Dream?" Bad asks, and I just imagine him wiggling his eyebrows.

I laugh, "Well he has a pink mouse."

"Oh Dreaammm," Sapnap says. "I believe Y/N is our spy now."

"He's going," George interrupts our laughter, his first words in what I realize has been a fairly long conversation between me, Sapnap, and Bad. I look at the screen and notice that Dream has crept away from his hunters. I glance up and see that his face is stony.

"Hey woah woah woah," Bad says.

"Get him, get him, get him!" Sapnap cries and the three of them chase after Dream. They laugh as Dream tries to jump onto the trees. I think they have forgotten about me before Bad says, "Welcome to the Dream Team Y/N!"

Oooh someone is jealous! I tried to make that clear in this chapter! Dream didn't want the others to know about Y/N, and George is jelly because he thinks she is Dream's gf. Honestly I think they all are but I'm still deciding on how much drama this is going to cause.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K READS! ACTUALLY NOW 10.3K! WHAT IS HAPPENING?! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

10/8/2020