Chapter 4

We get to the hospital and I run inside. Chase follows me. I run to the desk. "Where's my br-brother? Where's Dean Gr-Grey? Where is h-he?" I quickly stutter out. The person tells me the direction and I run there.

I run in the room and see him hooked up to monitors. His leg is wrapped up in a cast and his arm, legs and face are covered in cuts. "Oh my god D-Dean." I sit in the chair and Chase finally finds the room. He looks at me and I smile a small smile.

He walks over to me and pulls a chair up next to me. I lay my head in his shoulder and cry for a little. There's a knock on the door and I look at Chase confused. He stands up and opens the door. Ruby and Ryder are standing there.

"Hey Ryder told me about Dean." Ruby says and I nod "yeah well why are you here I'm sure my sister would be fine without you and if my brother wakes up and sees you he's going to beat your ass." Chase says and I stand up. "Chase Ruby is m-my friend." I take her hand and pull her inside the room.

I look at Ryder and he's look at the ground. And I sigh "just co-come in you'll just st-stand there waiting for R-R-Ruby anyways." He smirks and walks in. "Ok I'm gonna go get food quickly. If you try anything your dead." He says pointing to Ryder and he puts his hands up in surrender. When he moves his hand I see he's holding a bag. Chase leaves and I sit down.

"So wh-what's in the bag." He smiles and walks over to me. He squats down so he's about the same height as me since I'm sitting. He pulls out flowers "well these are for your brother you know to add a little color to this boring room." I smile and take them from him.

"Then I got a get well soon card. I figured we could all sign it. And I got this." He pulls out a dark brown teddy bear thats in a sitting position. It has a white t-shirt on and written on it is 'sorry I'm such an idiot'. I giggle and take it from him. "Th-Thank you the bears ad-adorable." He smiles "no problem Angel. Besides I figured you need a cuddle buddy." He says gesturing towards the bear.

I giggle and shake my head. "Thank you and I-I-I already have multiple
Cuddle B-Buddies. Like a whole b-basket full of them." Ryder looks at me and smirks.

My cheeks go bright red. "I-I mean I don't have a-a basket full j-just a few from when I-I-I was a baby and a-a few from when i-I was a kid." He looks at me and I sigh. "They're cute ok I-I can't give them away they're to ad-adorable." He chuckles and shakes his head "I didn't say anything." I roll my eyes "yeah w-well it was th-the way you were look-looking at me."

He smiles "yeah and I was looking at you cause you're adorable." My cheeks go bright red and I cuddle the bear holding it to my chest. Ryder chuckles "Angel you're so cute." I blush and hide my face in the bear. The shirt is annoying. I take it off and stuff it in my front pocket.

I frown "now i-it's naked." Ruby giggles and I smile. "Ohhh right my friend Angela is having a party on Friday and you're my plus one." She says and I blush. "No I-I can't go t-to the party Chase and Dean w-won't like it they don't like dr-drinking and drugs."

Ruby laughs and shakes her head. "There's no alcohol or drugs. Well I don't think their will be besides I'm sure you'll be fine." Ruby says with a smile and I sigh.

"Fine but on-only because you're nice t-to me." I say and she smiles "great wear something cute but revealing." "But not to revealing." Ryder says and I nod. "Can't I j-just wear pants a-and a t-shirt." I say and Ruby laughs. "Of course not dresses and skirts would be perfect for the party."

"Dresses and sk-skirts but they show a l-l-lot of skin." She nods "yeah that's the point." She says and I sigh. I cuddle the bear and look at the floor.

I start to think about my parents and what they'd think about me hanging out with "the bad kids." As mom called them. They'd be so disappointed in me. A few tears roll down down my cheeks. "What's wrong?" Ryder asks and I look at him. I shake my head.

He moves closer to me so he's kneeling on the floor right in front of me. He looks at me with a sad expression and I sigh. I open my legs and grab his arm pulling him until he's kneeling between my legs. I wrap my arms around him and move burying my face in his neck. He wraps his arms around my and gently rubs my back. "What's wrong Angel?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Ok I won't force you to tell me." I nod and sit there sobbing. "If I knew you would've been hugging Ryder the whole time I wouldn't have came." Ruby says a little sad and I pull away to look at her. I move one of my arms and hold it out for her. She laughs and walks over to me.

She sits next to me and I lay my head on her shoulder. Ryder continues holding me with his arms wrapped around my waist. "You know if your brother comes back all he's going to see is you holding into Via and her laying her head on me crying." Ruby says and Ryder laughs.

He moves gently kissing my forehead. He pulls up a chair and sits next to me on my right. I slowly move and put my hand on top of his. He looks down at our hands and then looks at me. I blush and move my hand. "Nope." He says and threads his fingers with mine holding my hand.

I blush I move laying my head on his shoulder. He smirks and I laugh a little. Chase walks in. I move away from Ryder a little. "What d-did you get."

He rolls his eyes "wow I came back after being gone for like 15 minutes and all you ask is what I got you didn't even say hi." "Well I-I'm hungry." He sighs "I got burgers." I smile and take one. "Thank y-you." I take a bite of the burger.

We all eat and talk for a while. I yawn and lay my head against Ryder's shoulder. He looks at me "Are you tired Angel?" I nod and move closer to him. The dumb armrest gets in my way but whatever.

"So that's it you forgave him." Chase says annoyed and I shrug. "He wasn't the on-one that hurt me his friend was the one that di-did besides h-he got me my...." I go to show him my bear. "Never mind it-it's naked I'll show you it later." He looks at me confused.

"What's naked?" "My bear." He laughs "stuffed animals can't be naked." I nod "it had a shirt on b-but I took it off and now it-it's naked." Everyone smiles "you're so cute Angel." Ryder quietly says and I blush. Ryder,Chase and Ruby talk. I just sit there listening to them. I yawn and Ryder looks at me. "Why don't you take a nap?" I shake my head. "I-I-I don't want to" I whine.

He sighs "Angel if you're tired then you should take a nap." I shake my head and cross my arms across my chest. "No I'm n-not taking a nap." I say a little angry. "Angel you're a little cranky I think you should take a nap." I shake my head try again and I move my head off his shoulder. "No I-I'm not taking a nap an-and I'm not grumpy." Ryder looks at me.

"Stop l-looking at me l-like that." I say as I stick my bottom lip out pouting. Ryder sighs "fine no nap." I nod "good." He smiles and I lay my head against his shoulder. A little bit later I get super tired and my eyelids feel so heavy. I close my eyes and soon I'm asleep.