Chapter 5

I wake up cradled in someone's arms. I move and sit up. Ryder's holding me. He moves and looks at me. "Angel lay back down." I shake my head and fully sit up.

I'm still at the hospital room. Everyone is asleep which means it's late. I slowly stand up and sit on the chair next to Ruby and Ryder. "Angel why didn't you lay back down."

"I-I well we-we're not dating and I-I've only known you for a d-day. I-I don't trust you y-yet." He nods and moves a little before closing his eyes.

"Goodnight Olivia." He mumbles and I smile. "Good-Goodnight Ryder." I rest my head against Ruby's shoulder and close my eyes.

I wake up in my bed. I stretch and yawn. I look at my phone and it's 6 o'clock. I quickly jump out of bed "I have a-an hour to get re-ready crap." I run out of my room and into Chase's room.

I bang on his door. "Chase wake u-up we have an-an hour to get ready fo1for school." "Ughh I'm up." I hear say and I smile. "Good hurry u-up I want to get t-to school on time." I run into my bedroom. I grab clothes and run to the bathroom. I shower and now I'm blow drying my hair.

There's a loud knock on the door. "Come on Liv you always take forever in the bathroom. And normally that's fine but we have 30 minutes and I need to shower." Chase's annoyed voice says.

I sigh and unplug my hair dryer. I open the door "fine I'll blow dr-dry my hair in m-my room." I say as I walk past him and walk towards my room. "Well hurry up you still need to eat." "I kn-know." I say as I walk into my room.

I blow dry my hair and look at my outfit. I'm wearing blue jeans, a black t-shirt and my leather jacket. I'm wearing my black combat boots and I think my outfit looks nice.

I run downstairs and quickly eat. "Time to go." Chase yells from the living room. I grab my backpack and run to the door. We get outside and I climb on the back of his motorcycle.

We get to school and I climb off the motorcycle. "I-I still have 3 classes th-that I haven't b-been to." Chase nods "I know and they'll love you." A group of guys waves to Chase and waves for him to come over. "Will you be ok if I go to them." I nod and he leaves.

I walk to my locker and grab my books. I see Ryder, Ruby, Hunter, some other guy and another chic crowded around a locker talking to each other.

Ryder looks at me. I smile and wave to him. He rolls his eyes and turns his attention back to his friends. Why didn't he wave back.

Is he mad at me? Did I do something that hurt him? Maybe he's mad that I said I don't trust him yet. Or maybe because I said we're not dating, but we're not. He never asked me out or took me on a date.

Maybe he's mad that I didn't say good morning to him. I have his number, but I was so busy rushing to get ready this morning that I had no time to text him. What if he doesn't like me anymore?

The bell rings and I start walking to class. Maybe he thinks my stuttering is annoying. Or the fact that I have stuffed animals that I cuddle with at night. Maybe he thinks I'm a baby because I have them.

Maybe he found a chic that's better than me. I sigh and I walk into homeroom. My first 4 classes are ok and now it's lunchtime.

I walk to lunch and see Chase sitting at a table and he's talking to Ruby. I smile and walk over to them "H-Hi." Ruby looks at me and smiles. "Hey Via how did you sleep last night." "G-Good though my alarm wasn't s-set up so we had l-like a hour to g-get ready."

She smiles "yeah Chase was telling me about that." I nod and sit down. "So how d-did I get home yes-yesterday." Ruby smiles "Ryder took you home." I nod and Chase rolls his eyes.

I look at him "don't b-be grumpy Ryder i-is nice." I say and he sighs. "I know he's nice to you." He says and I nod.

We eat and talk laughing and being goofy. Ryder came in and I waved to him. He just ignored me and continued talking to his buddies. I know he saw me wave to him he's just ignoring me. The rest of lunch I quietly say there wondering why he's ignoring me.

The bell rings and I get up and walk to cooking class. Chase comes in a little later and soon the class is full of the guys in the class. The bell rang like 3 minutes ago and Ryder isn't here. I get out my phone and text him.

Why aren't you in class? I asks and wait a few minutes and he finally responds. Because I'm not coming. I frown why's he not coming. I say ok and put my phone away. We make pancakes today which is so boring. I'd love to make a cake and decorate it and make it beautiful. But I mean pancakes are good so it's fine.

The bell rings and I leave the room quickly hoping Chase doesn't find me. I walk around the school. The bell rang like 2 minutes ago but I don't care. I can't find the stupid art class. Finally I find it and walk in. Everyone looks at me and I blush. "I-I couldn't find the cl-class."

The teacher nods. "It's fine just sit down Miss Grey." I nod and sit down. Art class is pretty fun we're painting tomorrow and I can't wait. My last class is gym. We had a free day so I play volleyball with the other girls. The bell rings and the hallways crowds with students running to try and leave school.

I walk outside and look around trying to find Ryder. I finally find him at the back of the school. He's leaning against the wall. Watching the football guys and cheerleaders practicing.

I walk over to him. "H-Hi." He looks down at me and nods. He continues smocking his stupid cigarette and ignores me. "Did I d-do something?" I ask and he looks at me. He shrugs and looks back at the football guys and cheerleaders.

I sigh and pout "wh-why are you ignoring m-me. Did I hurt y-you?" I say a lot quieter and sadder then I meant. He looks at me and sighs "no you didn't do anything." He's obviously lying I can tell something is wrong. "Well wh-whatever I did I-I'm sorry." I say before leaving.

I walk towards the motorcycle and remember Chase still has the keys. I walk over to the football guys. The couch blows her whistle. "Grey you're sisters here." The couch says and the football and cheerleaders look at me.

Chase runs over to me "what's up." "I n-need the keys to the m-motorcycle." He nods and runs to his gym bag. He tosses the keys to me. I catch them "th-thank you." I say and he nods before running back to the football guys.

I walk off the field and Ryder is still there leaning against the wall. He has a bottle of something in his hand and he's texting someone. I sigh and walk to the front of the school.

I climb on the motorcycle and drive home. I get home turn on my speaker and blast music so I can hear it in every room. I do my homework and now I'm cleaning the house.

I'm doing the dishes and singing and dancing to Sugar by Maroon 5. I hear multiple laughs. I quickly turn around. Chase is standing there with a few of his buddies. "We came to see if you wanted anything for dinner." Chase says as he's laughing.

"An-anything." I say while I'm blushing and he nods. Chase and his buddies leave. I get back to singing and cleaning. After a while the house is clean and my room is cleaned. I flop on my bed and watch tv.

The next 3 days guy by in a flash and now it's Friday after school. Ryder has been ignoring for the last 4 days. I try and talk to him but he either ignores me or says a few words then leaves.

I have said sorry so many times and he's still ignoring me. He's skipped cooking class and when I ask him why he's skipping it why he isn't here. He just says because he can.

I hate it. He went from being cute, getting me a bear and calling me Angel. To ignoring me,barely talking to me and calling me Olivia. I knew no guy like him would like a chic like me. I'm just an dumb short girl who's innocent, annoying and stutters. Nobody like him would like me.

I put legging, a black skirt, my leather jacket and a white t-shirt. I grab my combat boots and walk outside to Ruby. She sees my outfit.

"Wh-What." I say and she shakes her head "nothing It's just...well you're outfit is better then jeans and a t-shirt." I nod and she starts to drive somewhere.

I quietly sit there and we pull up to a house. She unbuckles "come on Via no one will judge you." I nod and open the door. I get out and we walk inside.