I 10

Chapter 10: 'I love you'

I felt a slap on the forehead as Adam Watson, my supposed best friend who was supposed to help and support me in the love department glared at me after he dragged me into a fat old tree.

"What's wrong with you Lillian?",he asked angry.

" What's wrong with you Adam?!! ",I snapped loudly at him. He wants angry I'll show him angry. He totally just ruined a perfect time for me and my Cassandra Collins.

"What has gotten into your head and act on impulse before thinking through it with your head...", Adam explained gently when he saw how mad I am right now at the ruined moment moments ago.

" Oh I'm sorry if I'm an amberhead stubborn girl who acts first before thinking through it!",I snapped again. I can't now control my angry or how loud my voice is. I hope Adam would let this through though because if he wouldn't this thing would eventually get worst.

And fortunately Adam got angry at my remark because before I knew it we were nor throwing bad and dirty remarks at each other like uncivilized people we are when things got out of hand.

Though I know we would get through this in the end because we had lots,I mean lots of issues in the past and mostly of them were concerning Cassandra Collins.

"You're just gonna hurt yourself again Lillian—"

"I don't care!"

"Goddamn it! Use your head for fucking sake Lillian!"

"I am using my head Adam!"

We were in a super heated match where our prides and beliefs gotten the hold of us and I'm afraid we can't go back if we still continue this silly argument.

"Let's stop this silly argument Adam before—"

"So you think this is silly now?!"

"Adam...that's not—"

"Lillian listen to your brain and not your heart!"

"I am listening to my brain and my brain said to shut this nonsense argument!",before I knew it tears swelled up in my eyes and blurred my sight of Adam who now had a regret sorrowful face.

He attempted to walked towards me and probably comfort me when I stopped him with one hand though he didn't obliged and just walked further towards me and held me into a tight comforting embraced, as if he doesn't want to let me go.

"I'm so sorry Lillian, my anger and pride got the best of me and I—I was..."

"What?"

He didn't answered and fell into silence.

I didn't persist because I respect his privacy just the way he respects mine.

We were silent for a few while and I just know that we would be back to normal again.

I tried to stepped back and tried to get away from his comforting yet tight for my liking embraced and I don't want others to think different of naughty because we were in a situation suited for lovers and we were just friends for Pete's sake.

I was becoming confused but tried again but none.

"Adam..."

He didn't answered as I still struggled to break free but the more I struggle the more he tightened his arms around me like a trap.

"Adam what are you doing? Let go of me"

He still didn't answered.

"I said let go of—"