I Epilogue

Chapter 30: Enlightenment

"You know Lily, the tension between you and Calli has been obvious lately..."

I glanced at Mike with surprised who only smiled at me knowingly along with Jane who paused from tapping on her phone and looking up at me.

"Yeah, it's very obvious...", Jane secondhanded as we walked inside the cafeteria and ordered ourselves our lunch for the day.

I didn't deny nor agree at their observant comments as I just stayed quite until we finished lunch though I was probably smiling like a love sick fool since like yesterday after our kissed.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't noticed Kate standing in front of with a serious look on her face.

That's when I remembered that I agreed and promised her that I would come with her to this weeding today.

"Are you ready...?"

I nodded hesitantly before glancing at my friends who arched their brows but nodded nevertheless before Kate and I walked side by side towards the parking lot.

"You don't have work this afternoon do you, because Calli sent you home earlier right?"

I glanced at Kate stunned.

"H—how did you know?"

"You'll see..."

I followed suit her car while I drove mine and we stopped at an expensive building but it's more like a white villa for rich with fancy garments and decorations.

I also noticed fancy cars lined and park outside before I followed Kate who walked inside and talked to a man with formal white attire who let us in without further ado.

"Seriously Kate, whose fancy wedding is this?"

She didn't answered me as we walked further inside to see that the ceremony had already ended a few while ago as guests and family eat their fancy lunch.

"Miss Lillian...is that you...?"

I slowly turned my head because of how familiar that old deep voice was.

I was faced to faced with a much more older James who was Cassandra Collins Foster's good butler, and as I guess and saw correctly he was still working for the Collins.

"Lillian..."

My eyes then turned beside him and saw granny in her wheelchair also looking older than she was before because she was but she was still clearly the granny I loved and respected, she will always be the love of my life's grandmother.

"It's been so long granny, James...h—how'd you two been?"

It was like deja vu again.

I watched granny tried to stand on her feet and was assisted by James on her side.

Without any word she hugged me tightly like old time sake.

"We've missed you Lillian..."

That made my heart melt as I hugged granny back tightly but also gently with her fragile body.

"I've missed you too granny..."

I then glanced at James and walked towards him after breaking away from granny and gave him also a tight hugged.

"I've missed you too James..."

"I too, Miss Lillian..."

We talked and catch up for a while. I learned that granny's health was slowly returning to normal and I'm more than happy for her.