I 25

Chapter 25: Out

I sat on the chair frustrated by myself since I can't really focused on what I'm doing, selecting and editing the pictures that I've captured because most of my shoots are either blurred or too dark or too bright.

I even got a good scolding from Mrs. Anderson saying I should do better and focused because we're professional photographers, I'm a professional photographer,  capturing the poses of professional models.

"I'm sorry Ms."

"You should be..."

I sighed to myself gratefully, not all of my captures were not so bad after all and five out of 20 were perfect and great.

I swiftly prepared myself and the things for another coming up photoshoots and I heard its going to be Alexander Jackson's rising star artist that's called 'Calli' that I have heard lately, either in the office, the car radio and in the TV, though I haven't had a clue who is that someone and seen her face. Who is she? I was conflicted as to why I'm so intrigued to this person.

I don't know why my heart turns its pace when I heard someone knocked on the door.

I turned to see none other than Kate Foster who calmly cat walked towards me along with some other staff. I haven't seen her since she walked out on us three days ago.

I'm also confused at the fact at why is she here when my schedule to shoot her was an hour from now. She must've noticed my confused expression and explained why she's here.

"Well... Jackson and his star was running late and reschedule the shoot tonight"

"Why haven't he informed about this to me earlier?", I asker her questioningly as I scrunched my eyes at her for further explanation.

My work will be over two hour from now and that's before evening and also I had other plans for tonight. I'm not even taking night shift and I promised my twins to have dinner with them since I've been busy at work this past week and I've been missing some quality times with them.

"He said it's a last minute decision and said he'll call you—oh I guess that's him..."

She smiled at me and encouraged me to answer the ringing call of probably Alexander and it indeed was him.

"I'm sorry for rescheduling this Lillian but Calli had gone out of the sudden this afternoon saying she'll want to do the photoshoot tonight at 8..."

My mood dropped at the time and the thought that I won't be joining my kids for dinner tonight but I still bargained.

"Can it be reschedule tomorrow morning?", I asked feeling a bit hopeful.

"No can do Lillian, she has all plans for the whole two weeks and another one for the next month"

I nodded my head subconsciously as I bid goodbye to Alexander.

Unfortunately even I can't be irresponsible and decline because I would only get nothing out of it in the long run and I don't want myself to lost this good-paying stable job I had. I don't even had the more upper part because Alexander's star was big.

"So can we now start?",Kate asked getting impatient by the time.

I only nodded at her. I can't let my mood affect my work after I got a scolding at how terrible my shoots earlier and I don't want another one.

Kate was sporting some big company's new clothes brand that was totally gonna sell on the market, it's from a popular manufacturer after all, known for their high quality and add to that was the one herself sporting it with the looks and charm that says you-would-totally-buy-this.