I 22

Chapter 22: Years

"Alistair, Allison!"

I watched the twins run towards me in their small feet that made me smile at how cute they are.

"Are we visiting daddy in the hospital now???", they both asked at the same time like the twins they are.

I nodded at them as I ushered them outside and towards the car to visit their dad. He's gonna be surprise but not so surprise since we visited him most of the time this past three weeks.

I put on the seatbelts for the three years old twins in the back seat first before walking to the driver seat.

" Did you bring the things for daddy, Allison and Alistair?"

"Yes!"

I smiled at both their eager and cute answer as we drove towards the hospital.

I turned on some kids radio for them and watched them sing and slightly danced at the beat of some child song from the rear view mirror that already melt my heart because of to much cuteness.

Eventhough their dad was in hospital for three weeks straight now they still continued to stay positive and eager, like right now, they're more than eager and energetic to see their dad today and besides it's a special day today for all of us.

I parked the car at the hospital's parking lot and immediately got out of the car to go and opened the car for the twins but they beat me to it as they already got out of the car laughing and giggling.

I both hold their hands in mine as we walked inside the hospital's reception and immediately went to their dad's private room.

"I'm so excited to see the look on dad's face when he see's mine!", Alistair exclaimed beside me looking eagerly excited as his twin sister on my right side who agreed and nodded.

" Me too!"

I knocked on the door room and the twins followed suit playfully knocking on the door as we heard a paint 'come in'.

I pushed open the door to see him in his hospital gown looking thinner than two days ago and it breaks my heart to pieces looking at him like this.

He was surprised but like I said not so surprise though he had a smile plastered on his handsome face as both the twins immediately run towards him and embraces him into a tight lovingly hug.

He noticed the expression on my face because he shook his head at me as he gave me his Im-fine and Don't-show-the-children-that-worried-look-on-your-face-and-smile-instead look. I only nodded at him and gave him a faint smile.

We both know what's going on with his health and it was going worst and worst every time we visit him. It was a matter of time before we accept the truth but I simply can't handle it if the worst happens.

I closed the door behind me and walked towards them with a forced smile plastered on my face for the sake of the children and the growing happy mode that we have right now.

"Alistair, Allison, do you have something to give to your dad..."

I hinted them with a knowing smile since they had kinda forgotten it because of their rambling about their day this morning and yesterday's.

They both nodded at me as they grabbed both their bags and zipped it open to revealed their wrapped gifts.

"Happy birthday daddy!"

"Happy birthday dad!"

They exclaimed at the same time happily as I watched the almost-to-tears dad of them.