Chapter 31 : Christmas Eve

Tyra's POV:

It was 1 more sleep before the most magical day of the year; Christmas! It's always been a big thing for me ever since I was little me and Alfie would always have our own traditions that we made when mum and dad were still here. Ever since my parents passed away I decided to keep a few: that we could afford to do. And then do another few that we made up, for example taking a walk around London to see the pretty lights. Another one of our  traditions was that we used to unlock the bakery and decorate and bake gingerbread houses, then we'd make some sparkly oat reindeer food to sprinkle out of the apartment window for Rudolph.

Unfortunately this year we weren't able to bake gingerbread or take a walk at night through London. This was because we were on our way up to Cheshire. Along with the most amazing company too.

I sat in the passenger seat of Harry's Porche. Harry sat beside me driving, one hand on the wheel and another gripped securely on my thigh. Behind Harry's chair was Alfie laying asleep in his car seat. His little head was hanging to one side as his brown fluffy hair was sprawled across his face the occasional snore filling the car.

The winter day was as expected, cold but the bright sunlight beaming down. We'd just left the boarder road around London and were now heading down a random motorway on our way to meet the family. Harry knew that I was nervous about meeting everyone but he kept ensuring me that his mum would love me. I looked over to Harry who's emerald green eyes were focused on the road ahead. The way he was looking ahead with his eyes fixed on the road reminded me how attractive my boyfriend was. Everything about him was amazing. I looked at him and just rested my head on the headrest and sat looking at him in all his beauty.

Harry's POV:

I was sat focused on the road ahead when I flickered my eyes over to Tyra. Our eyes connected as she sat looking at me, I could feel her eyes burning in the side of my head but burning softly. I squeezed her thigh a little tighter full of reassurance. "Hello beautiful" I said making her cute delicate cheeks blush and turn a slightly dusty rose colour.   The way they did that every time I spoke to her made me feel fuzzy inside. I just loved how I made her feel, she always tells me how 'giddy' I make her.

It's one more sleep away until arguably the most special day of the year. I then let go of Tyra's thigh to press the radio button and turn on the Christmas channel.

Tyra's face lit up with joy when she heard All I want for Christmas come beaming out into the car. She turned up the dial making it even louder bringing a cheeky 'Cheshire' smile as she likes to call them to my face.

Tyra's POV:

We spent the next part of the journey beaming out our voices to the festive tunes. This was one of the biggest memories we've had and it's really fun. Alfie even woke up about an hour into the drive and tried to sing along with us, his sound wasn't quite as perfect but then he is singing in a car with Mr Harold Styles and well, Tyra; a girl who wants to be big but never will.

We'd been singing for about an hour now and Alfie had started complaining that he needed the toilet, so we pulled  of at the next stop that we could find. The stop was a service station which included a few shops and coffee shops and the toilets. We parked up towards the back of the car park and I walked around to let Alfie out of the car seat. We walked towards the entrance door Alfie was sat on Harry's hip while we walked hand in hand our body heat connecting together to warm each other's up.

I walked into the service station and took Alfie over to the toilets while Harry went to the shop and stocked up on snacks and some more drinks for the remainder of the drive.

I pulled Alfie's pants up and helped him wash his hands and lifting him up and resting him on my knee so he could reach the dryer to wash away the water. We left the toilet and looked around to find Harry. Alfie let go of my hand and started running forward to a group of people near the WHSmiths. The group of young girls parted and Alfie went storming through them and got scooped up into Harry's arms. I looked to the group of young girls all standing around him and then it twigged with me that these young teenagers were the band's fans. A few had their phones out and I even noticed one or 2 of them wearing T-shirt's from the bands merchandise.