SEVEN - Can't take a hint

One apartment with one extra bedroom my ass

One apartment with one extra bedroom my ass. This is a fucking penthouse in the city centre. There is no way in hell he makes this much money from just tattooing. Uh-uh! He must come from a rich family or something. If not, he's probably involved in some shady shit, which one is my goal to discover now!

"So, are you rich-rich or a drug dealer?" His eyes widen at me in shock. 

Yeah, baby, get used to my inability to be considerate...

"I'm rich-rich. My father left me this house," he admits nonchalantly before heading to a division that I find to be the kitchen once I follow him. "You're hungry?"

"No, just thirsty. Too much vodka dehydrates the hell out of me. May I?"

"Sure, there's water on the-," he stops when sees me taking the glass and putting it under the tap. I look at him and shrug and he just smiles back at me. "I like it here though, the view... The view is amazing, come on let me show you."

I follow him to the big and modern living room that has top to bottom windows, giving us the best view of the city. From here I can see the main avenue that leads to the central square from one of the oldest parts of the city. I can even see Commerce Square by the river and the bridge that crosses it. I knew my city was beautiful but living in a place with a view like this is just out of this world.

"God," I mumble more to myself than him, but he notices how speechless I am.

"Yes, that reaction over there is the reason I took the house," he smiles at me.

Who would've thought that this tattooed man with a bad-guy aspect would be such a nice person? I'm usually not the one who judges people by their appearance but the way he approached me the first time gave me that vibe. And until now, I was adamant that the only thing he was searching for was a good fuck but the truth is, he never tried anything after I rejected his attempt to kiss me. It showed that he's a guy that knows how to take a hint.

When I look at him after a while appreciating the view, I notice how he's looking at me. His expression is soft and his eyes are shining under his apartment light, his eyes are deep blue and his gaze is so addicting that I can't even look away from him. We're side by side just looking at each other in utter silence like we're searching for something in the other, but we don't know what it is yet.

"What is it?" I finally manage and arch my brow at him.

"It's how you look at the world around you. You seem to notice every little thing." He smiles before continuing, "You were looking at the view, lingering on different areas. Your eyes were moving around and shining ever so lightly, almost as if there's a specific thought that you have linked to that small detail you're noticing. It's very interesting, you're very expressive."

I just smile at him and divert my gaze to the city. I'm sure I am blushing and even though it's not the most romantic thing I've ever heard, it's the most honest one. It's one of the truest sentences I've heard about me. Because it's true, there's history in every detail I see and every time there's a place I know, the history behind it runs in my mind.