TWENTY-SIX - Hangry

WARNING: Sexual content ahead. If not comfortable, skip it.

A few days have passed since my encounter with Luca

A few days have passed since my encounter with Luca. Ever since he's seen me with Shane, he's been avoiding me and even though I try not to let it get to me, I've been restless. Especially with nothing to do.

I still have that feeling of being watched but it is probably my father's hound following me around so I just choose to ignore it. I've been looking around places on the internet where I could volunteer and I've found an animal shelter where animals need to be walked, and taken care of since I've always been an animal lover, so today is the day to go there and see if they need help.

After taking a shower, getting dressed and having breakfast I head there and let me tell you it broke my heart. The place is good and they do whatever they can, for the number of animals they have there so once I expressed my will to volunteer, they accepted right away. They don't impose schedules, they just ask people to tell them a day or two before when they go and what time, so they can organize what there is to do.

As soon as I leave my belongings and change into work clothes in one of their lockers I head to the kennels. I clean a lot of the kennels, then give a few of the dogs that have skin problems a bath and finally take a ton of them for a walk. Most of the dogs are affectionate, others are just energy balls and a few others are very shy. However, most of them seem to take a liking to me which I am grateful for.

After half a day spent in the shelter, I shower in the changing rooms and head back home. On the way back I stop at a café for a sandwich since I'm hungry as fuck. Once I've been served with my tuna sandwich and my orange juice I sit at a table and start to dig in. I was so focused on my food that I didn't notice the bulky body sitting across from me. When I finally look up and see who it is, I'd t take a gun and shoot myself in the head if I had oneer5.

"I thought I had two months for my decision?" I cock my eyebrow at Mr Robot, the one that my father insists on ordering around to follow me everywhere.

"Didn't take you for a charity kind of kid." I snort at his snarky comment, the nerve of this guy.

"Well, I didn't take you for the obsessed kind of guy, old man." I retort and he clenches his jaw but in opposition, his eyes twinkle. Why? I can't figure it out.

"Well, the first month is up since we are already approaching December..."

"Tell my father I'll give him the answer on the deadline. No more, no less." And with my resolve, I dig back into my sandwich.

"Be careful with who you trust." Mr Robot says making me halt with my mouth open when my sandwich was about to arrive in my mouth, its ultimate destiny.

The fuck does it mean? 

When I put the sandwich back on the plate and look at him to ask what he means by that, he stands up and leaves me dumbfounded in my seat looking at nothing; like a dumb fuck. Men – what can you do with these dramatic creatures?