TWENTY - Back from the Dead

"Who is this?" I ask with a low voice tone, apprehensive while fumbling with the keys to open the door to my apartment

"You really don't recognize my voice?" The strong raspy voice says.

It is not unfamiliar to me but I can't exactly pinpoint where I know it from.

"Oh, my dear, I know it's been a long time. And I know I was told to wait longer to reach out to you but I couldn't wait any longer. I miss you, when can I see you?"

His statement froze my body. I was about to close the front door when I realized who this was.

William Corte-Real.

My fucking father.

The realization made my body freeze for a few moments and the keys fell from my hands. The shrieking sound of metal hitting the tiled floor was too loud for my buzzing ears. The goal of being silent had just been thrown out the window!

"No. As I told my mother, the person who raised me by herself and stayed by my side for my entire life. I am not ready nor do I want to be ready to see you. Have a nice life, dear father and fuck off."

And with that, I finish the call and throw my phone into the couch. Grabbing the keys and letting them rest on their usual spot, I head to the couch and let myself slump into it. I am so tired of this shit I would rather be away at work. At least John has left me alone finally.

Jesus Mel, don't jinx it!

Luca has been slowly replacing John on my mind. I know I don't want a relationship but that resolve doesn't control how I feel when I'm around him, or what he makes me feel. If it weren't for Shane, I would have been having the fucking time of my life every night, everywhere; but out of respect for my best friend's feelings now I have to hold back.

As if all of this shit wasn't enough my father decides to come back to rekindle his relationship with me.

These kinds of messes are usually the main reason why I stay away from people, in general...

"What's wrong?" I hear Shane's voice echoing from the hallway right after my loud exhale.

When I look at him my mouth goes dry at the sight. He might be my best friend and I might not love him as I did once, romantically I mean but he's still hot. I know it and he knows it too. That's why he insists on presenting himself in such ways. To try and get a reaction out of me. Physical attraction or lust can be present without romantic feelings.

Seeing him in only his boxers makes my mouth go dry, my core tightens and I have to press my legs together. Oh fuck, he sure knows what he's doing.

Fucking teaser. I try to hide my gaping reaction as much as I can by speaking...

"My father called," I said turning my head to the ceiling again.

Avoid looking at all costs. Avoid getting in the mood at all costs.