TWENTY-ONE - Lunch

It's been two days and ever since that night, I haven't left the house

It's been two days and ever since that night, I haven't left the house. Shane knows I've been acting weird again but thankfully doesn't pressure me to know what's going on.

I know he'll end up finding me again. If he found me in the parking lot it means he was the one following me. Hell, he probably even knew where I live by now.

It's only a matter of time.

"Good morning." Shane greets me once I get out of my room.

"Hey, morning," I say lazily while taking a mug from the cabinet to prepare my breakfast.

"So, you'll have the house for yourself today. I have a date and won't be back until tomorrow morning." He looks at me expectantly, as if to gauge my reaction.

"Ok, have fun. If you need something just text me or call me." I smile softly at him.

For a moment it seems as if disappointment flashes across his eyes but it's for a fragment of a second. I don't know if I'm imagining it or if he really was trying to get a reaction out of me. He stands up and kisses my forehead before leaving for work while I have my breakfast in peace. Just as I was finishing and putting the dishes and mugs on the sink to wash later, I heard the doorbell; Shane probably forgot his keys.

I sigh before heading to the door and opening it. Always the same airhead, joking around, rushing everywhere and forgetting about everything. My bored expression turned into shock once the face I see outside looking at me it's not Shane's but the guy that was with my father the other day.

I go to shut the door in his face but his foot prevents me from doing so. He forces the door to open just enough for him to enter and close it. As he does, I stumble back. I knew it was just a matter of time but I was hopeful that they would leave me be for a little while longer.

"What the fuck do you want?" I decide to confront him, head-on.

"Your father wants to have lunch with you." He says expressionlessly while eyeing me up and down.

It's in that moment that I become self-conscious because I'm still in my Pj's; or should I say Shane's stolen t-shirt that covers until my mid-thigh? Knowing I have nothing but my underwear underneath makes me close my legs unaware that would bring his attention to my legs all over again. I'm speechless and afraid that this guy could decide to rape me right here and I have nobody to call for help.

He runs his eyes all over my body again, lingering on my legs before looking back at my face. Once we lock gazes he smirks and my breath hitches. It's the first time I see an expression in his face, the ghost of a smile and it makes my legs buckle.

I can't look away and now, in the daylight, I take in his features. His face is diamond-shaped, with light skin and light short brown hair. It is styled upwards and slightly back, combining perfectly with his black suit. A 5 o'clock shadow covers part of his face but not enough to hide his small simples.