TWENTY-THREE - Weekend

WARNING: Sexual content ahead. If not comfortable, skip it.

 If not comfortable, skip it

To my surprise, he said yes. Without blinking, without hesitation and I secretly thanked any God up there – if there's any at all – for his answer. I know that we are not in a relationship; where we stand and all but my heart still fluttered at the fact that he didn't dismiss my company. Maybe he had noticed how much I needed this...

The next morning, he left early because of his work and I was fine with it. I spent the next couple days thinking about this weekend and how much it'd be good to just keep my mind off things, my not-so-dead of a father or the feelings that Shane kept hiding, rather badly and the impending hurt that was bound to fall upon him from my not returned ones.

As soon as Friday had arrived, I had my duffel bag ready and was waiting for him to arrive so we could leave. Shane was at work and I'd already sent him a text message earlier warning him I wouldn't be home for the weekend. I was ready to go to the Algarve, the slightly warmer temperature, the beautiful beaches – even if it's not summer it's still good enough for a few walks and just dive my feet at the shore – it was all I could think about now.

It was also a good opportunity to see new places I hadn't had the opportunity to before. I know a lot about my country but there are still towns or villages I haven't been to yet. These two days will be for that, to get to do all of these things I like and miss doing. On the other side, I could always show him around places I am sure he hasn't been to before. It had everything to be the perfect weekend and I couldn't wait. And I still had 3 and a half hours of a drive to get there...

My phone buzzed, letting me know he was outside waiting. I didn't lose time and met him outside quickly. A comfy Airbnb waited for me at the seafront and I was so eager to leave all of these feelings behind, even if just for a couple of days.

Outside he stood, leaning against his expensive car in black jeans, a white tee and a black leather jacket. Sunglasses on and a smirk on his face gave me that James Dean vibe, just darker, bigger, sexier and oh so much better. My stomach flipped at the sight but I tried to ignore it the best I could, even though I really couldn't...

"Hey," I say standing in front of him.

"Ready? He asks grabbing my bag and putting it in the trunk before opening the passenger door for me.

"So, so ready!!" I beamed at him and entered the car.

Surprisingly he let me take over the radio so I connected my phone and blasted some good ol' 80's music and sang along, making him laugh once in a while. Especially with my dramatic sing-along with Bon Jovi. On some occasions, he even lip-synced so I can only imagine my taste for music is not that bad.

The drive was surprisingly relaxed and went quickly, I hadn't even noticed we were arriving until the car started to slow down. That's how engrossed in the music I was. It's curious how easily I was able to let go. The car ride, the company and the music were enough to pull me away from the grim mindset that my father had left me in.