EIGHT - Moving in

Thankfully, John got the message and the following days were heaven

Thankfully, John got the message and the following days were heaven. I got to have time for myself and get my head in order. I am still on shaky grounds with my mom but she came to apologize for meddling in my life, admitting that I am grown up enough to make my own decisions. It was probably my grandma's influence but I'll take it nonetheless.

The only thing still bothering me is Luca, he had tried to kiss me twice and on the second attempt, he achieved it. I slept in his fucking house and he did not only want to cook me breakfast but he also drove me home. But now five days have gone by and not a fucking word from him.

This is only confirming what I think is a 'manwhore' alert. He probably saw I have baggage and complications that he didn't need in his life. It's probably for the best though.

On a different note, I ran into Rosa yesterday while I was hanging out with Sol, and she invited me for dinner again.

So today, I'm going back to Shane's for dinner.

It's still early when I get to Rosa's, once again to help her cook. Shane's the one who opens the door to me when I ring the bell.

The sight before me makes my breath hitch. Shane's dark copper hair is dishevelled as if he has just woken up and the only thing covering his fit and muscled body is a pair of boxer briefs.

It gives me a complete notion of how much he's grown taller, fuller, and wider.

To top the look, there's his full sleeve slowly growing up his arm, towards his chest. It suits him so freaking well.

If it were a few years ago, I'd be drooling all over.

"Have you been putting anything on the tattoo, at all?" I grabbed his arm to take a look at it.

Better focus on the tattoo than old and dead feelings.

He should be moisturizing it daily but the skin is dry, this ass is going to ruin it at this pace.

"Come on, go grab it and I'll put it for you. Oh, and wash that bed face-off, nap time is over." I grin at him.

He mumbles something under his breath but complies, disappearing into the bathroom before coming back with it in his hands for me to apply. Since he's much taller than me he sits down on the couch and I begin to apply it while massaging his dry skin. All the while I can't help but feel the way his muscles feel good on my hands.

"You're all done." I break this haze in my mind and tap on his shoulder.

He doesn't even look at me while picking up the moisturizer and disappearing again.

That's when I decide to head to the kitchen and see if Rosa needs my help. We're deep in conversation when Shane finally joins us.

He's now fully dressed and sits down next to me in an awkward stance. I look at him, trying to understand what's wrong but he's hellbent on not looking at me.