NINETEEN - Dinner

Oh, I know exactly what he was trying to do by using the endearment word that Cole used earlier, he was trying to mock the situation that had happened at lunch

Oh, I know exactly what he was trying to do by using the endearment word that Cole used earlier, he was trying to mock the situation that had happened at lunch. He wanted to rile me up and mark his territory. For what reason, I am still not sure but this has been a constant in the last weeks whenever we hang out.

Ever since we slept together, we've been only hanging with the group and haven't had alone moments ever since but every time we look at each other we sense that pull, that wants and needs to spend one on one time again. We've been trying to keep our distance especially because of Shane, out of respect for his feelings because Luca knows how important Shane is to me. And even though he never mentioned it I know he's afraid I'll catch feelings towards him.

That's something I'm not interested in but it's something I know that I can't control if it happens. I feel drawn to him. Every time our eyes lock there's a pull between us and unfortunately, I know either of us can deny it.

"You look lovely." He says with an honest tone but still smirking. I know he was expecting something more elegant or sexy. Nope, I want to be adamant that this is not a date. Just two friends having dinner together and catch up.

"Thank you, that was the goal," I smirk back and exit the apartment with him in tow.

As soon as I step outside the hairs on my neck and arms raise and that nagging feeling of being watched overwhelms me all over again.

I can't get used to this and my instinct is to look around while Luca opens the passenger door for me. I survey my surroundings the best I can in hopes that maybe I'll see something that can ease me, or make me be sure I'm not getting crazy.

"Is everything alright?" He asks looking around as well.

I sigh and nod.

"Yes, peachy," I answer right before entering the car and getting comfy in the seat.

As soon as Luca entered the driver seat the engine revved to life and off, we went, to wherever he had decided to take me for dinner. I just hope I'm not underdressed but seeing him dressed so casual as well, I think I'm good. Because I was so deep in my thoughts, I wouldn't even notice that we were arriving if it weren't for the fact that the car was no longer moving and working.

"You're awfully quiet tonight. What's up with you?" One of his perfect eyebrows perched up, giving me a quizzically look.

"Just in a thinking mood today," I say, not really in the mood of talking about what's taking over my mind.

I'd just rather know more about him, we hang out so many times we kissed and had sex and still, I know so little about him, so today I'll make it my goal to know more about him. We enter the restaurant and just as I expected it's a pretty laid back one. We go to our destined table and immediately a menu it's given to us to choose the meal we want.