ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘

☁ The Storm ☁

  Y/n was always used to loud noises. The loud slam of a volleyball, the shouts of a team, the boom as someone dived for a ball. But thunder and storms were a whole different story. He crackling of lightning reminded her of how the bottles her dad threw at her would shatter and the rain reminded her of the day her mom died. 

   During one particular storm, Y/n was over the top drunk. He was throwing and breaking things everywhere and mom wasn't there to stop him. He shouted constant horrid words at her and told her she was nothing, and back then she fully believed everything he said. He hit Y/n so much that night that she passed out and couldn't go to school the next day. Y/n was in her room for the rest of the storm by herself. Her body shook violently and she couldn't stop crying. She always had extremely bad panic attacks during storms. The whole night she was crying, body wracking, sobbing out desperate words like. Mom come back, don't hit me, I can't do this anymore, I'm all alone. 

    Luckily ever since Y/n met Akaashi there hadn't been any storms. Y/n had said some things to Akaashi about it but didn't really go deep into explaining since she didn't want him to worry and fuss about it. It was another weekend and Y/n was home alone due to the fact Akaashi had gone to help Bokuto with some school stuff. Keji asked if she wanted to come but when Y/n said she would just stay him, Keji knew something was up. 

  "Hey Bokuto I'll help you more tomorrow the storm is pretty bad and I have a bad feeling," Keji said as he put his books back in his bag.

   "Ok Kashi thanks for the help, see ya!" Bokuto said stretching and not whining at all that their study session was cut short. Keji nodded and put on his rain jacket and boots as he went on his way to your home. He had a gut-wrenching feeling of anxiety creeping up his back and he wasn't sure why, but he would figure it out when he got home.

  As Keji left, Y/n went straight to the bathroom and shut the door closed. She was lucky Akaashi had left when he did because she had already started hyperventilating. She started shaking like the windows as the storm was already growing. Y/n had a pretty decent sized bathroom and went to the corner. Please let this storm not last too long and not be too loud, Y/n thougth. Sadly she was wrong and it was one of the worst storms ever. 

   Y/n grabbed her chest as her breathing went erratic and her vision started going dark and going back to normal at random. She looked at her hands and they were shaking widely. She put her hands in her hair looking down wide-eyed. Oh god, he's going to come in and hit me. Don't let him Keji, please stop, Y/n thought. She wasn't thinking clearly and the past abusive memories played their cards here. 

   Y/n started sobbing as her body shaled violently with the ever-growing storm. She cried and cried playing memories of her dad going feral on her and their house. Every time lightning sounded Y/n jumped and her breath caught as she continued to sob. At one point she couldn't tell if the crashing was thunder or her dad, even though her dad wasn't there. 

    Akaashi entered the house, he took off his jacket and boots which were soaked. Keji himself was relatively dry as he called out,

   "Y/n. Y/n! Y/n where are you are you ok?" Akaashi called. He was about to call again when in the window a bright light flashed. Keji could see the lightning from afar and it didn't really scare him but when the crackling died out it was replaced my whimpering and crying. This sent anxiety shooting through Keji as he ran into Y/n room opening the bathroom door. What he saw before him broke his heart.

   Y/n was on the ground hiding her face in her knees. She was breathing at an alarming rate and was shaking violently. She looked up at Keji with anxious, scared, and desperate eyes that were overflowing with tears. Keji took no time to kneel down helping Y/n,

   "Hey hey, Y/n, look at me, it's gonna be ok. Shh shh, look at me you're ok. I'm here now" Keji said as he picked Y/n up bridal style and carried her to bed. He worried more at the rate of how much Y/n was shaking. Y/n grabbed onto Keji's shirt like he was going to leave her if she let go for an instant.

   "K-keji? D-don't go, h-he'll h-hurt me" Y/n stammered. Keji laid you down next to him and held you tightly and close. 

   "No Y/n, I'm never going to leave you. No one is going to hurt you so don't worry. I'm here to protect you" Keji cooed lovingly as he stroked Y/n hair and rubbed her back. Y/n continued to shake and sob. As Keji held her close to his chest he played with her hair trying to get her to calm down. 

   It was working and she would start to relax but every time she did, the damn thunder had to sound through the air and Y/n would go back to shaking and whimpering. Akaashi knew he had to do something or at this rate, Y/n was not going to make it through the night. 

    "Hey, don't think about the sounds Y/n, no one is here except you and me. No one is going to hurt you and I'll never leave you. Come here baby" he said as you looked at him with desperate eyes. You crawled nearer to him and he laid your head on his chest. You could hear the thumping of his heart and it actually relaxed you and distracted you from the outside noises. 

   Akaashi rubbed your back and every time there was a loud noise he would cuddle you closer. 

   "I love you so much Y/n, I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again" he promised and you didn't trust your wavering voice so you kissed him to let him know you heard. You kept your head near his heart as it lulled you to sleep. Keji felt you grow relaxed and limp in his arms. He lifted you up a bit so your head was leaning on the crook of his neck and his head was on top of yours. 

   Akaashi sighed in relief. He understood now about how the storms were related to your panick attacks and cursed himself for not realizing sooner. His eyes watered a bit, he never liked seeing you other than your happy self but he loved you with all the flaws and all. He pulled up the blanket on top of you both and tangled you're his legs with yours. He held Y/n close not ever wanting her to feel alone ever again. 

    The storm still boomed outside but Y/n was protected from it by Keji. Never would she feel like this again during a storm because Keji would be there for her to look into his eyes that were clear as day. The green in his eyes were like fields in the dewy morning and the blue was like the smooth swaying ocean and his eyes just always seemed to relax her. They both drifted off to sleep in each other's safe and warm embrace.

   Somewhere at a random time earlier at Bokutos house.

 "HEY HEY HEY! YAYAYUHHH GET IT BROOO" Bokuto said to Kuroo. Since Keji left Bokuto was bored and invited Kuroo over to hang out during the storm. Being the dumb asses they are every time there was a boom from outside they threw it back like it was some sort of party.

   "SHAKE THAT CAKE!!!" Kuroo said as lightning flashed outside and they twerked, throwing it back. They laughed and weren't breathing anymore from how bad they were laughing and their sides hurt like hell. 

  Somewhere in Keji's dream, he face palmed himself as he senses told him something was going on but he had peaceful dreaming with Y/n other than that.

       Sorry I went from serious to...to...Bokuro crak headedness I had to. Anyways this was semi angsty and fluffy chapter I guess I wrote the last 2 chapters and this one on the same day so please ignore my crap writing. Have a fun Labor day! Wait I wrote this today but I'm posting it tomorrow......HAVE A FUN DAY AFTER LABOR DAY! 

          - Chibi Author