Ch 4 - Docks

Clovis has a big day ahead.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

After having his nerves being tested by one of the more powerful ships in the German docks, Clovis went back to his father's reports. Some coffee, material of information, and then to have his check on duties at bay. He got out a pen and a notebook and wanted to write down notes as he went along.

-Is Sakura Empire working with the Sirens? Is there any relationship? 

-Are they hiding information that Iron Blood should indeed know about?

-Are Eagle Union and Royal Navy going to pursue and attack Iron Blood?

There are just more questions. Not so much answers. Which only made young Clovis go into deeper amounts of reports. This frustrated him because this must have been running the course for some time now. But the poor young man grew quickly tired of all this buried intel. 

"If they go after us because of us being a threat then what? Azur Lane alliance is powerful. All of this because we seek power? Why? Why do we not have enough? Our ships are powerful. We strive off of our knowledge, our leadership, our sources, engineering, and much more that this great nation has had for generations. Why feel that this is the right way to go after some have been rather neutral considering our past?" Clovis got up from the desk and over to the window view. He smiled. "Father used to look calm, bold, and collected here running the ships. Never thought I would have a term. Can't say I enjoy it, but war isn't meant for all."

This nation should never bow down to anyone or anything. We do not kneel to others of defeat or even honor. We shake hands, bow, and wave. As long as I am able to stand and function I will do my best as the Commander of Iron Blood to have our people rise in glory as they deserve. We will once again find tools and materials, have strategics done accordingly, and thrive among with globe.

"A contradiction in itself. I'm ashamed Father." Clovis shook his head. 

Clovis felt awful going through his father's files. And there was more to come. But at this rate he would need a sick bucket. It was just too much to take in at once. No wonder why his father Jergen was in bad health. How can someone breath all of that in and have the stomach for it?

Alas he had sure his coat was on properly and thought it would be a good time to go down by the docks before seeing if he could grab something to eat. It was a pleasant feeling being by the sea for a change rather than an infirmary or office. As he walked down and proceeded through the docks there were many that didn't recognize them. They watched him walk down to find his small crowd from earlier. 

Hipper was the first to see him. "Good afternoon Commander."

"Admiral Hipper. Afternoon. How is everyone?" Asked Clovis.

"All seem ready to go. All we have planned is potentially aiding Sakura Empire sometime tomorrow with a task. From what I am told it is just to watch over a small colony of islands."

Clovis didn't like the sound of that. "Are we referring to Hawaii or cartoons of two people and just one tree in the middle of nowhere?"

"More towards the second one." Hipper nodded.

"Jah. So, what is new?"

A U-Boat looked up in awe at Clovis. "Wow..."

"Hello, I'm the Commander right now." Clovis looked down at the little one. 

"Your coat is so cool Commander." Her eyes sparkling.

"This is U-556." Hipper introduced the young man to the submarine. Her blue hair and pink eyes really stood out. 

"Good to meet you U-556. You can call me CJ. At least that's what Prinz Eugen calls me." He smiled.

"Who do we have here?" Said a voice.

Clovis turn around to see a blonde woman with a black hat on. He was delighted to see her. He knew exactly who it was.

"Alter Schwester!" (Older sister) Chimed U-556 hugging around her leg. 

"Hello precious one." The woman patted the U-boat's head. "And who exactly are you? The Commander wouldn't be too thrilled if someone else was wearing his coat."

Clovis looked over at Hipper. "Allow me Admiral." He insisted. "Bismarck if I'm correct?"

"Yes, and who are you?"

"My father has taken ill and has asked me to temporarily take his position. I am Clovis. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Another U-Boat was walking by while playing a handheld. "Come on... And, save. Jah. Woo-hoo. Wrap that up for now." She put it in her coat pocket. "Ohhh? Who's this?"

"CJ. And you." 

"U-96." She waved.

"Well Liebling, you seem to be getting along with everyone." Eugen just happened to quietly wrap behind Clovis. This alarmed Bismarck. 

"And what are you doing being so close to the boy like this? I have questions." Grumbled Bismarck. 

"My apologies. You may continue." She stayed next to his side as she allowed her to speak.

"I take it this is recent. Very well." She cleared her throat. "As you can see this is the docks of the finest engineering in the world no matter the battlefield." Bismarck began.

"Indeed. Saw my father reign over this for nearly two decades."

"So you are in charge.  What is your name?"

"I am Clovis. Son of the Commander. As he is struggling with a case of pneumonia I have been ordered to take his place for the time being. There is no time table at the moment. But I do hope that he is healthy enough to discuss business soon. There are important matters at hand."

Bismarck looked at him. The coat being too big and the obvious fact that he was young. "I look forward to working with you. Perhaps my combat skills can be of use to you when the time comes."

"That it will. Outside this Sakura Empire help I am quickly learning of as we speak I do not have any plans for attack. I am reviewing analysis and reports and must speak to my superior beforehand." Nodded Clovis.

"Something bad going on?" Asked U-96. "Maybe you need to join us for lunch?"

"A good letter cannot function while famished." Agreed Bismarck. 

"Yummies." Chimed U-556.

"You going to deny this sweet, cute girls CJ?" Prinz Eugen giggled as she knew what the answer was going to be. It was just the matter of when.

Clovis seemed flustered. "Well I-"

"Now-now Commander. Lift you chin, buff out that chest, and let us see those eyes." Insisted Bismarck.

"Huh..."

"Too much?" Asked Eugen.

"You are too much as is." Clovis sighed. "Very well ladies, guess we're going to lunch."

"You have earned your rest." Agreed Bismarck. "Come little ones."

It is my first official day and I all I feel like I have done is meet a few ships and eat. I haven't even given a serious order. He shook his head. "Admiral Hipper. I need an update on Commander. If he is able to sit up and talk I need to know. Priority one."

"Yes Commander."

"Now, let us feast."

~~~~~

Hope I did well. Thank you.

-Rel