Ch 16 - Motion

Clovis is getting to work.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

As Clovis was seeing a new stack of paperwork, he had a long day ahead. Even with him being nearly caught up, this once again was being pushed passed a 9-5 day. And with two great ships with an amazing reputation, he was bound to get things done. Including with the plan going forward with the best interest in gain and safety for all of Iron Blood.

"So Mom, can you give me an update on him?" Asked Clovis.

She smiled. "You're father is breathing under his own power comfortably again. We need him to keep steady for a few weeks consistently. When most of his strength is back he will be home and making sure he can move around well. And then afterwards he shall be back here in the office."

"So tell me. Within two weeks is my earliest deadline. Correct?"

"Jah. But do not rush. Your father needs to recover. He will not work from home."

Clovis shook his head. "Seemingly a month." Then he looked over to the other leader. "Bismarck. Are you okay with establishing peace over weaponry that may not be obtainable?"

"It is whatever is in the best interest of this nation. What do you choose?" Asked Bismarck.

"We are on board with the Americans and British as we aid them against the Sirens which is the common enemy. Prinz Eugen said she would go deep into research to find out anything. She and the fleet will be off for two or three days. Hopefully not a week. Just a matter of when."

Just then the phone rang on the desk. This caught everyone off guard. The rotary phone jiggled as it rang. Clovis went to go pick it up. "Captain's Quarters, Commander speaking."

< Hey! You're not Pops. > Said a squeaky voice.

"Excuse me?" Huffed Clovis.

< Where's the old man?" She asked.

"He's on leave."

< Well that helps no one. >

"Friedrich and Bismarck are presently here if that helps. I'm not what you would ask of me."

< Fine. I'll be there soon. Thank you. > She hung up.

"How was that?" Asked Bismarck.

"Apparently she will be here soon. I'm not sure who it is. She didn't say. I just know she squeaks when she talks." Clovis shrugged. He was unsure what he was getting himself into. "Can't make heads or tails here." 

A knock came to the door. How convenient. Just who could it be? It's not Z23 since she's on the voyage. The chances of a yelling loli appearing through that door has decreased thankfully. Well, the answer is hopefully.

"Come in." Called Friedrich.

The door opened up. "Mama? What are you doing here?" It's a little girl that's walking inside.

"Mama!?" Clovis gasped. He was trying to figure it out. And he was shocked. His father and Friedrich together. A little girl says Mama. Oh boy.

"Morning Sweetheart. I thought you were with the U-Boats."

"What are you doing here if Pop isn't here? Working?" She asked.

"Pops? Mama? Uhhh," He looked at Bismarck that stood there with a straight face watching everything transpire. Then over to Friedrich that sat on his desk smiling.

"Clovis, this is Ella. Ella this is the fill in Commander."

"Commander? Nien. He's too young."

"Well sorry but your 'Pop' isn't here. So I'm here during his time off." Replied Clovis as he brushed off the ego.

"So where is he? Don't tell me more paperwork." The girl complained.

"Friedrich?" Clovis looked over. He felt uncomfortable saying Mom in front of the girl.

She smiled. "Come give me a hug."

The girl walked over. Closed her eyes as Friedrich knelt down to embrace her. "Better?"

"Mama? Is Pop okay?"

"He'll be better soon Dear. That's why Bruder (brother) is here filling in."

"What?" Gasped Bismarck.

"Bruder!?" Gasped Ella. She looked over at Clovis. "Mama? Didn't you say Pop has- Eep!"

Friedrich lifted her into her chest and shoulder. A little towards the side so she could face anyone in the room. "Clovis? This is my daughter I had with Jurgen. Not many know. She is U-99. But she's Ella to us. Hopefully one day its official."

"Hold on!" Clovis got up from his chair. "What's this mean by official?"

"As I said before, Jurgen never told anyone. We wanted him healthy and more communicative beforehand. We wanted you involved in all of this. Then meet Ella of course. This has been a awful time for him."

"I'm just, thrown off guard. That's all it is. I mean, it's just I, being an-" He walked over. "Come here."

"Mama?" Ella say Clovis come in for the hug. Ella was happy that there was someone friendly around. Though she missed her father, she had someone else to occupy her. "Bruder..."

"Hi..."

"That a nice way to talk to a girl. Be a man." Said Bismarck annoyed.

"I'm just trying to process anything. I've been an only child my whole life."

"Bruder."

"Hey there Ella. I'm Clovis. While Pop isn't here he put me in charge for a little. Don't worry. Things should be normal sometime soon." I hope. Father's condition is unexplained. This could go either way. Though I'm glad he's not smoking his pipe anymore. I'd think that helps.

"So little man, what do we plan on doing today? Getting to some writing?" Smirked Friedrich with a wink.

"Tell you what. How about we talk about travel and butter up where we accompany? Then you can talk lunch."

"Pork butts and taters."

"Jesus, you are father's child. Bruder it is. I don't got to ask what do I feed it."

~~~~~

Plot twist.

-Rel