Ch 12 - Lover

Prinz Eugen in a school girl outfit while Zed and company freak out. What now?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It was just a little bit of awkward silence as Clovis went to compose himself the best way possible. Though coffee was already on as Prinz Eugen came back swiftly with two mugs. She went and sat on the edge of the right side of the Commander's chair. Cuffing his chin and smiling at him as he very appreciative to be in her care. Even though he was a little off guard. 

"Why are you dressed like that?" He asked her.

"I wanted to look sexy and alluring for you." She cooed. "I enjoyed our time last night. I felt appreciated."

"I felt loved. It was an amazing night and I did not have any idea that we would have be, well-"

"You mean lovers?" She got closer and kissed his cheek. "Neither did I Liebling. But you are cute. I'm not the only one that finds your handsome and intelligent." 

Clovis smiled. "I also never thought there could be someone not just sexy, but caring and to value my time outside of work."

"Value." She giggled. "You value all of us. We all trust you when all of us are in your hands. You are going off course because you believe there is a better life and goal. Even though there are risks you care and empathize that all of us are well and on board. Making this for everyone's best interest. Also the fact that you do not clock out at a decent hour. If I haven't dragged you out of here you might fall asleep at your desk."

"Not wrong." Clovis admitted that one as he sipped his coffee. "And I do cherish our time together. Do I think you are out of my league? Well, it is more of you could grab any man you would like to have affection for. You chose me and therefore regardless of my title I view myself as special." Strong words. It didn't say anything that would confess her of his confidence. Rather he feels that he is a little surprised and is going to make sure that he proves himself worthy to be her lover. Put in the effort and keep putting it in as time passes. 

"Jah? You are the Commander's son. I don't quite understand."

"I'm not sure if you would. I didn't live my life as The Commander's Son who has this potential to lead this nation. I grew up as Clovis. My upbringing isn't what most would think. I hit my studies seriously, paid attention to detail, and talked to people. Though I, didn't have anyone flirt with me really. I guess I just lack inquires in that department."

She giggled. "Lack? Oh you are just inexperienced. But it is cute."

"And what man wants to be called cute because he has not been good with women?"

"Nein. Point made."

"Jah..."

"But I guess I just so happened to find your potential and I have fallen. Didn't think it could happen but you are just irresistible." She finished her coffee and put the mug down. Just so he can cuff Clovis' face. "I see a man and when he sparks his confidence he electrifies everyone around him. Not knowing what power he contains."

"Wow... I had no idea. Though, it's hitting me again. And I think we are both sober and in common area."

She shook her head. "I was functioning after a few drinks. You think alcohol and your living room sofa was making me think that way? Doesn't change the fact that I care for you Clovis. And on and off of war and other harpies that intervene, I am here." Eugen kissed him. Reaching over from the desk and making her way onto his lap. "And I do hope that you and I are not going anywhere."

"Don't plan to."

"Though I do have to succeed an order. It does involve me going to watch over an island for Sakura Empire. I am grabbing a handful of our ships are departing over there tomorrow. I am unsure if you received the paperwork yet." She was saddened. Not wanting to go away for a day or two. 

"You are setting sail." He sighed. "I'm sorry. I feel responsible for this."

"But why?"

"I need to get my plan in action right now. I need to figure things out. I need to know why Sakura Empire wants our help to take over. There is so much-" He stopped himself. Clovis had an idea. "Engel I have a request. I am having you in charge of this."

"Jah?"

"I need to see on your journey if there are any signs that we should pull out of this alliance? I in the meantime start rough-drafting letters. What time do you depart tomorrow?"

"Dawn."

"Damn!"

"What?" She pondered.

"I thought we could at least have some time for us tonight. Though seems not."

"I would have to be gone early, but I have an idea for later. But we haven't even finished coffee yet Clovis."

The Interim Commander was in deep thought. This was bothering him. "So who is going with you tomorrow? Z23, Hipper, and who else?"

"I plan to bring a few units with me. Though Friedrich should be around at some point. Bismarck will drop in too tomorrow. Unsure of time. But before we go too deep into what we are thinking, ask yourself Liebling, do you seriously want to do this?" Prinz Eugen most likely had something in mind that she did not want to share with him. Maybe that is why the question is brought up.

"This is a need for this nation. Otherwise we will not go forward to where we want to go. This may only endanger us. And if Azur Lane does collect more allies to strike among us, we face doom. Just please be careful on your mission. I need you. More than just battlefield. For," Clovis took a breath. "My own selfish purposes."

She kissed him. Playing with his hair and kissing his neck. "Ich liebe dich." (I love you)

"Ich liebe dich." He held her tightly and continued kissing her. This was getting serious now. Clovis not only had a nation to lead and protect, but also a lover on the front line. This was tense.

~~~~~

Salute to those military spouses and children. Bless all.

-Rel