Ch 8 - Date Night

He's a mess. And needs to get himself together. Only a woman can fix that.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Clovis got back to the desk afterwards and then he settled in for a little. He eventually composed himself and then put in some effort to make a good amount of the do pile. Though he didn't stop until he looked at the clock. It is almost a half hour until he is supposed to leave from Prinz Eugen's order. Holy hell! He sighed in relief. Can't believe that all that time flew by. Might as well stop now or I'll be passed curfew. With that he dropped everything where it was and grabbed his coat. The young German man was up and out of there.

As Clovis had already packed up and headed into his apartment there was somebody that was keeping tabs on him. Friedrich knocked on the door to the office. Heard nothing all. Then was thinking she needed to knock again. "Der Sohn?" (Baby boy) No answer. A little worried she had headed inside. Opening the door to find an empty office with papers all over the place. "Eep! What is this?" She was starting to get worried as she checked to see that you have not been in this room for a little while.

A woman behind her cleared her throat. "Jah?"

"Prinz Eugen

"Prinz Eugen. Fancy seeing you here." Smiled Friedrich.

"Yet something tells me it is better that I have arrived. Exactly what are you doing here and where is Clovis?"

"I was finding him myself. I just finished visiting Jurgen."

"I am making sure the man isn't late for our arrangements tonight. I assumed he would be elbow deep in work. And I suppose not. He must have gone home for the time being. Oh well."

"Arrangements?" Gasped Friedrich. "Where are you taking the boy? And mind telling me why you are dressed like that?"

"Dinner and drinks at the pub. He is hurt after that meeting. I imagine that he needs some spirits lifted. So he said he would leave and I assumed I was going to meet him here because he is overflowing in work."

Friedrich glared at her. "Why dressed like that? And what is that fragrance? What is going on? I don't even smell a trace of gunpowder or adrenaline."

"A woman cannot shower and make herself presentable off duty? Ships need to refuel and restock you know." Smirked Eugen.

"There is difference between refreshing and scenting. What is going on?" Friedrich was in a panic.

"We cannot have the night to ourselves and be off of work?" 

Friedrich gasped. "You're on a date with the boy and he accepted?"

"He did. Look, I will be honest with you. Yes I was jealous as first of the way you comforted him. But maybe we can work this out."

"I love Jurgen. And I will treat him as a son of my own. He hasn't had a mother in his life for some time now. But please, all I ask is you take care of him when I am not around. Especially if Jurgen is in bad health or after he takes his chair back. He needs someone. And I have to put Jurgen first."

"I understand. But note that I don't know what is in his mind. We aren't together. Though, I would never decline him. He is like a Prince. Jah?" Smirked Eugen.

"Jah. Thank you. No funny business?"

Eugen sighed. "Nein."

"No babies?"

"Nein..."

"WHAT!? NEIN! WHAT IS WITH THIS INAPPRIOIATE MANNER!?" Seems like someone else is overhearing this conversation. That someone being a curious Z23 wondering why two people are inside the Captain's Quarters with the door wide open and him not being inside. 

"It seems CJ dropped his papers and left to go home before I meet him tonight at Gordon's." Prinz Eugen felt embarrassed after Friedrich dropped that bomb that was unneeded. That was huge at that. That is easily two demerits right there. 

"What is happening now?" She walked up to Friedrich. "And how is the, other Commander?" She tried to clear that all up. 

"Fine. Commander Jurgen is resting and from what I'm told, there is something that Clovis-"

"What about me?" Said a voice. Footsteps were heard and they came closer. It was the Interim Commander himself. "Ladies, what is going on here?" He really cleans up nice. His black pants were freshly dry cleaned with shined shoes, a fresh shirt, clean jacket, and hat for his title. 

"Liebling! You look so handsome." Cover up or not, Prinz Eugen wouldn't hold back a man that is easy on the eyes. 

"Thank you. Evening everyone." Then he turned his full attention to Prinz Eugen. "I cannot describe how stunning you are tonight. Just one thing before we leave. What is going on inside of my office?" Clovis knew there was commotion going on about something. It was just a matter of what.

"Well..." She looked over to Friedrich and Z23.

"My child I wanted to make sure you were alright. You worried me." Smiled Friedrich. 

"I'm alright. Rough but managing." Then turned his attention to Z23. "And what was the shouting about? People in my office? You seem to know where the party is at all times. Huh Z23."

"I uhhh, nein. Carry on. I am going home." She turned away. 

"Gute naght." He waved to her. Then looked over at the other two. "Shall we close this up and continue the evening? Friedrich I am well and I owe Prinz Eugen a favor from her orders. Jah?"

"Pleasant evening my child." Friedrich nodded and went on her way. 

That just left the silver haired goddess of a ship left. "CJ?"

"Jah? And remarkably speaking you look wonderful."

She smirked. Loved hearing his words and him being more confident than before. "Thank you Liebling. Shall we?"

"Jah."

~~~~~

What's dinner at Gordon's going to be like?

-Rel