Ch 9 - Dinner

I had one date with my girlfriend at the time at a German pub. Was okay. Nothing too crazy. Underwhelming from what everyone tells me. Either way, back to Clovis and the aggressor. 

Enjoy.

~~~~~

After everything they finally made it. Finally made it to Gordon's. It is a popular pub around these parts. Usually busy and the best service too. Prinz Eugen scanned around the room. It was relatively busy. Not too much traffic. A good pace. She went to Clovis. "Table, booth, or the counter?"

"How about a booth? Attract less attention. Though for you that may be a tall order. Actually, yeah, let's go to the counter." He nodded and pointed his arm out. "Ladies first?" 

"Thank you Clovis." Winking at him. Walking over and adjusting her coat to sit on the stool. "Good evening Z-88." She greeted a woman that stood around 4'10". Long silver hair in an Iron Blood ribbon.

"Good evening." Said the bartender as she was shocked to see the man in the black Iron Blood coat. "You're..." Shocked that Clovis was right in front of her.

"Clovis." He nodded. "I'm Clovis. Good to meet you."

"Pilsner okay to start?" She asked him. 

"Please." He nodded.

"Two Pilsners if you may Z-88." 

"Right... Wee moment."

Clovis looked over at Prinz Eugen. "Never seen her before."

"Z-88. Backup support primarily. Designed and developed by Rel Productions Incorporated."

"Ah. RPI. But of course."

Z-88 came around with the first round of drinks. "Here we are." She placed them gently on the counter. "Can I do anything else for the two of you?" She asked.

"In a few minutes." Replied Eugen. 

"I'll be back." Smiled Z-88 and turned back around to clean some glassware. 

Prinz Eugen took a good gulp from her beer. "Ah. Feels great to be off of work. Jah?"

"Jah." Clovis smiled and drank his. "Been a wee bit."

"What do you mean?" She asked him. 

"Haven't had a fresh pint in some time. It's good. Feels nice." He smiled. The drama left his body for now. Clovis didn't have any fear. There was no paperwork in front of him at that. 

"So relaxed." She leaned her shoulder into him. "Glad you are feeling better."

"Rough day as you can imagine. How much did you hear?" He looked straight into her eyes. Seeing if she was telling the truth or not. 

"Enough." She sighed.

"All of it?"

"If not, most of it. The two of you were loud CJ. The whole hallway echoed."

"Eee... Ouch. Sorry about that." He felt ashamed. Not only screaming about what he believed in, but many would not be in favor. A private matter might as well been at a crowded beach. That was really not a good look. Then being talked down to and everyone hearing when he messes up someone will clean the mess. Talk about not having a vote of confidence. 

"I don't care about that Liebling. We are here. So, breakfast for dinner? Something to sweeten the night?" Smiling giving him a confidence boost. 

"You mean speckpfannkuchen? At this hour?" (From an article on tasteatlas.com this is basically bacon pancakes. However some modified to the ones we wouldn't think about. Some have cheese, onion, or even complimented with pickled cucumbers and a green salad. I'll say this much, I don't know an American that puts bacon pancake and salad in the same paragraph. But this was a fun little read.)