Ch 7 - Shout

This doesn't sound good. 'Cause it isn't!

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Before I begin I just want so thank you to everyone for feedback. This story is tough as well frustrating to write simply because there is a lot to learn. But doing my best to get better. Thank you.

Clovis was having himself another busy day. The tasks in the to-do pile were coming in. Not sky high as before, but enough to keep things at a worrying pace. Today wasn't one of those days to have a second, late lunch. This was a steady, fast pace of a work environment for today. Then afterwards, straight to bed and make sure there is plenty of rest for the next two days. Sunday would be a half day. His father typically took the weekends off outside of being on call, in emergencies, and war. Clovis was having no days off. 

A knock came to the door. "Commander Sir." Said a voice.

"You may enter." Called Clovis.

Bismarck walked in and went straight to the front of his desk. "A message Commander. I was told urgent."

"Absolutely. Thank you." Clovis grabbed the envelope and read it immediately. 

Dear Clovis Weber,

I am reporting that I Jurgen Muller am doing better in my recovery. I am carrying around oxygen in a backpack for the time being with limited movement. I want to go back into my role at 110 percent capacity. I have been told by medical that my heart is healthy and I can take the stress to deal with the matters at hand. Please Commander, if there are any questions please step in for visit. In person so discuss matters. 

- Commander Jurgen Weber of Iron Blood

He smiled. Thank goodness. "Thank you." Clovis folded up the letter and put it in his jacket. Then he rose from his seat and dusted himself off. "Bismarck I am attending important business. Since you are the first one here I would like you to inform everyone that I will be out of my office for a while. Hopefully not too long."

"Yes Sir." Nodded Bismarck. "Anything else? Anyone who should be informed?"

"If anyone asks I will be at the infirmary. Thank you."

"Guten tag."

"Guten tag."

It was just what he was itching for. The fact that he got the note was his golden ticket and entryway to seeing his father. With the medical staff not helping much he thought it would take months before he settled business with his father. It was such a relief to know that he wouldn't have to drag his nation into war without being comfortable with it.

With his mind overflowing with ideas and topics with a body nearly shaking from the nerves he arrived. Admiral Hipper was there. "Commander?"

"Commander Weber would like to speak with me. May we have time in the conference room?" Asked Clovis.

"Certainly. I'll inform the staff. Make yourself comfortable and one of us will escort him to you."

"Thank you Hipper. Hope to see you soon." From there Clovis was off. Grabbing himself a bottle of water from a vending machine and finding his way to the conference room. Then was there to wait with his pile of notes. These questions would determine the future of Iron Blood. And the career of Clovis as he is in this position.

The door opened up. Hipper escorted the Commander inside. The man with thick, short black hair and a full mustache sat down in the seat across from Clovis. Placing his backpack of oxygen on the floor. "You may leave us." He ordered.