Prologue

HONESTLY LYING

Prologue
______

Inside the gymnasium of a prestigious University, a girl with short hair is waiting for someone. She's still wearing her jersey soaked with her sweat from the basketball practice she had earlier. Her teammates and captain already went out to take a shower.

Chaeyoung opened her message inbox again. She smiled upon reading the sms her beloved sent to her.

------
"I'll meet you at the gym later after your practice."

That was the message Mina typed and sent to Chaeyoung an hour ago. Mina walked slowly inside the gym. She spotted Chaeyoung on the bleachers smiling while reading something from her phone.

Mina breathed deeply and walked towards that direction. When she's about two meters away, she stopped and called Chaeyoung.

"Let's break up Chae."

Chaeyoung's smile faded and looked at Mina who is already standing a few meters away from her. She did not even noticed her presence, she was so busy scanning their pictures together to make it her phone's wallpaper. But she guessed that would be least important right now.

Chaeyoung quickly put her phone aside and approached Mina but she was stopped by her via hand gesture.

"Don't."

Chaeyoung obliged. She asked her instead. "Did I heard you right Minari? You're breaking up with me?"

"Yes."

"She did not even hesitated." Chaeyoung thought.

Chaeyoung closed her eyes firmly, she cannot endure the looks Mina is throwing at her. She remembered what happened earlier. The class got suspended because the University held a Campus-wide meeting for instructors. And of course, Mina and her used the free day to date. They were so happy before she bid goodbye for her daily practice.

Chaeyoung is eager to ask why? To ask reasons. But looking at Mina's eyes. She knows that none of those reasons matters anymore. She clenched her fist and asked the very question she feared the most.

"Do you still love me?"

"No. Not anymore Chae. I'm sorry."

Chaeyoung already expected it. But it still hurts a thousand times more when Mina confirmed it.

Chaeyoung smiled to suppress her tears. She cannot cry in front of Mina.

"All right. That's all I need to know to accept your decision. You can leave now Mina. We're over as of today."

Mina nodded. She turned around and walked away slowly.

"Mina....unnie."

Chaeyoung called Mina the way she called her back then.

Mina stopped and waited.

"Be happy."

Mina was just silent for a few seconds then eventually left the gym without saying a word of response to Chaeyoung.

After Mina's back image vanished from Chaeyoung's eyes, she fell on her knees and crouched, throwing light punches to her chest.

"Idiot!"

A voice from her behind said. That person kneeled down on Chaeyoung's side and hugged her. She witnessed everything accidentally

"Cry it out stupid. I'm just here."