Chapter 41

I can smell fried eggs. Am I dreaming?

I slowly opened my eyes and see the familiar ceiling I have in my room. I stretched out my arms. But I got a bit startled when I heard small clinking sounds from the kitchen.

My heart jumped.

Did someone sneaked in? Is it a burglar? But why in the kitchen?

My eyes widened in horror when I realized something. 

Is it looking for a knife? A psycho killer?

I gulped. 

I slapped my face with both of my hands. This is what I get with too much watching thriller movies.

But why does a psycho killer bother to cook eggs in the house of his victim? 

Because he's a psycho!

Damn! I'm scaring my self perfectly right now. I should really change my genre preference when I binge watch movies.

I slowly jumped out of my bed and walked towards the door. I turned the knob but someone turned it first before me.

"Aaaahhhhhhh!!" 

I was not able to stop myself and screamed. I even closed my eyes and put my hands in front as if it could protect me from whoever the trespasser is. 

"Pfftt!"

I heard someone snickered first before it turned to laughter. A burst of laughter.

I quickly opened my eyes only to see Dahyun and the rest of the gang in the living room looking at us. 

"What are you doing Chae?" Dahyun laughingly asked.

I looked at my hands in midair and embarassingly withdrew it. I cleared my throat. "W-what, what are you all doing here?" I asked them, cheeks flushed red with the comedic sight I exhibited.

With a suppressed smile, Tzuyu answered. "We were invited."

My brows furrowed. I don't remember inviting everyone here this early in the morning.

"Well, not by you obviously." Jeongyeon read my mind.

"Then who?" I asked. 

"I did."

A voice from behind me suddenly spoke. I quickly turned around and saw the woman I missed the most this past whole week.

"Mina!" I exclaimed and pulled her for a hug.

She chuckled and hugged me back. "I miss you too, Chae." She said.

I broke the hug and stared at her. She really is back!

-----

"They left?"

Mina asked when I entered the kitchen after walking the girls outside my condo.

Apparently, Mina invited them to celebrate with us for her selection on that business conference that she went to. The organizers chooses only a selected few to join and Mina was one of those. 

It was supposed to be celebrated the day before her flight to Hawaii but the said event made a sudden change of schedule and the flight date was moved one day backwards.

"Hmm, yeah." I replied and hugged her in the back while she was still washing the dishes. 

She stopped it and removed her dishwashing gloves. Then she turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. 

"Want me to stay for the day?" She asked teasingly.

I automatically blushed and looked away. I then heard her chuckle.