Chapter 7

Everyone's eyes are darted on me when I entered the campus.

I decided to cut my hair short. I checked myself in the mirror earlier so I don't think I look bad at all. My family said so either.

So why are they looking at me like that?

A familiar figure passed by me.

"Yeri!"

I called. She stopped and turned around looking for the person who called her. Then her eyes landed on me.

She's about to turn away again but she slowly moved her head back to my direction. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Chae?"

She called.

"See? I told you. It was Chaeyoung."

"Gosh. She looked so handsome."

"She's cool."

"Pretty."

"I want to talk to her."

People near me started to recognize who I am.

I see, they were confused if I am me or not. I made a face. I really thought I looked weird that's why they stared at me like that. I almost regretted cutting my hair.

"Are you trying to seduce me Chae?"

Yeri asked when she got near me. The hell is she talking about?

"You're already smitten by me, seducing you would be a waste of time."

"Ohh, talk about confidence."

I laughed. "Anyways, what do you think? Do I look bad?" I asked.

I really wanted to make sure that I don't look funny or anything.

"Yeah."

"Huh? It's bad?"

The heck. I thought it looks fine.

"Why did you cut it like that?"

"Well, it's more convenient for my upcoming games. I don't need to tie my hair anymore. But, is it really that bad?"

I am getting worried. Like seriously.

She turned her back on me and murmured something.

"You looked so handsome that my rivals went from hundreds to thousands. Tsk."

I smiled. I heard it.

I turned around her and stopped in front.

"Really? Am I that handsome now? Want to have a date with me?" I teased her.

"Tsk."

She snorted and walked passed by me. I chuckled.

I followed her but stopped when I felt like someone is watching me.

I looked around. Lots of people are still staring at me but I don't feel that same intensity I felt earlier.

Well, I might be imagining things.

"Pssstt. Yeri! Let's have a date!"

I followed the red-faced Yeri while laughing.

------
"It's been awhile since we ate lunch together like this."

Yeah. I kept on avoiding them so I ended up hanging with Yeri and her friends a lot this past few days.

Why?

I do not know either.

"Yeah, Chaeyoung's really so busy these days so I'm so happy that she's finally got a spare time today."

I just smiled at what Tzuyu said.

"By the way, you look good with your hair Chae. So good that your popularity boosted crazily." Jeongyeon moved her eyes on the other tables.

I looked at it and uhh...their looking at me. In an obviously manner. They're not even avoiding my gaze when I met theirs.

I noticed an empty plate beside me. I took it but Tzuyu stopped me.

And I understood why when Mina suddenly sat on the empty chair beside me.

Why is she sitting there? She should be sitting beside Tzuyu.

"Uhhh, you want to exchange seats Tzu?" I asked.

But she just shook her head and smiled.

I don't know what's happening to them but I'll just finish this lunch quickly. I can't stand this burning feeling inside me. I hate it.

"Here Chae."

Mina suddenly gave me a strawberry milkshake like she used to. Before.

I dropped my spoon and clenched my fist. I ignored the rising anger inside me and forced a smile.

"Thanks Unnie."

We continued eating. Jeongyeon and Tzuyu are talking about the Art Exhibit while Dahyun is asking something about Momo from Mina.

I ate silently and quickly as I can. I need to escape.

Yeri.

I silently prayed for Yeri to appear so that I could leave from this situation I am now.

A piece of chicken landed on my plate. It was Mina. She gave it to me. I thanked her but I put the meat aside. I have no plan on eating it.

I was finally done and prepared to excuse myself when Mina's hands touched my lips. She's wiping something just below my lower lip.

I can't stand it anymore.

I stood and left without a word.

I need fresh air. And I know just where I could find it.

I went into our class' workroom and opened the windows. A small blow of wind greeted me.

I punched my chest.

"Why are you still beating, huh?" I punched it again.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" I said repeatedly while pounding my chest.

"Chae."

My hand stopped. I gritted my teeth.

"Leave. I thought I already warned you on not touching me again..." I turned to look at her.

"Mina-unnie."